Request for feature - mannequins

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Request for feature - mannequins

Postby strawman » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:10 pm

Don't know if it's appropriate to post this here or now so my apologies if not - I was just hoping to catch the attention of anyone who works on custom clients if we could possibly get a feature with mannequins where if you hold down a key such as SHIFT or CTRL when right clicking a mannequin - it ignores toolbelt and backpack. The way mannequins require backpack and toolbelt and pockets to be empty really makes me feel like I don't have a use for them, where as if it only exchanged actual clothing (i.e. socketable items) then the mannequin would be very useful. I'm always changing clothing, not changing backpacks and toolbelts.
strawman
Customer

Re: Request for feature - mannequins

Postby Kandarim » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:25 pm

you have to bug JC on this, as custom clients have no say in the use of mannequins.
Code: Select all
You send a click to the server
---
the server makes your character walk there and swap all the clothes
---
you see the new clothes on your char/the mannequin in your client
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Claeyt » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:53 pm

This is the wrong section for this topic. You should erase it and put it in 'Ideas and Innovation' section. :D
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Kandarim » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:52 pm

Claeyt wrote:This is the wrong section for this topic. You should erase it and put it in 'Ideas and Innovation' section. :D

no it shouldn't, this has been proposed there times beyond count by myself as well as several others.
It just seems that JC dislikes his own implementation of toolbelts as he doesn't want us to use them :)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:34 am

Kandarim wrote:
Claeyt wrote:This is the wrong section for this topic. You should erase it and put it in 'Ideas and Innovation' section. :D

no it shouldn't, this has been proposed there times beyond count by myself as well as several others.
It just seems that JC dislikes his own implementation of toolbelts as he doesn't want us to use them :)

IIRC, JC said it's too much of an effort to change how mannequins work right now, which is sad in many ways,
on the other hand, just look at how you cant swap the item under your cursor with the ones in your weapon slots and such things,
it might very well just be more or less intentional trolling by the devs. ¦]
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Return to Artifice & Arcana