[Translation] German

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: [Translation] German

Postby Kandarim » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:06 pm

Sorry for kicking this off heff :lol: I pwomise i'll give the translation some love next time I mess with the client.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby eldoran » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:02 pm

Also ich möchte mich nochmal zur Übersetzung als Helfer anbieten....Einiges klingt doch sehr holprig. So würde ich Claok & Dagger eher mit Nacht & Nebel übersetzen als mit Mantel & Dolch kommt dem Sinngehalt näher.
eldoran

Postby Kandarim » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:18 pm

I like Nacht und Nebel, but I'm not entirely sure whether cloak-and-dagger doesn't have a more accurate german translation.
Also note that the rule for English Language is also valid for the artifice forum, so at minimum you should include an english translation (yes, even on a thread discussing german translations)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby HDHB » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:20 pm

I'd say Mantel & Degen might be a fitting translation for cloak & dagger.
Aside from that there are many spelling errors that can be spotted easily in the screenshots shown and until one would figure out a way to make Umlaute work, why not replace ä, ö, ü the traditional way using ae, oe, ue?
I'd be glad to help with the translations, Heffernan.

I also agree with Kralith, it might be better to translate descriptions only, so people don't get too confused when trading or reading the wiki, but understand the information given to them. Most importantly maybe the help texts that are available ingame. Salem is an excellent way to improve your vocabulary, why'd you take that away from the people? ;)
Jesus died for our sins. You should do the same.
HDHB

Postby Pjotr84 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:56 am

HDHB wrote:I'd say Mantel & Degen might be a fitting translation for cloak & dagger.

Ohne weiteres. Mann braucht ja nicht alles buchstäblich zu übersetzen. Wenn du noch Hilfe brauchst, Heffernan, dann wäre ich auch bereit an der Übersetzung zu arbeiten.

Absolutely. You don't need to translate everything literally. When you need any help, Heffernan, I'd also be willing to pitch in.
Mushibag wrote: Pjotr confirmed racist.

RIP Gemini
Pjotr84

Postby Hose » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:35 am

I'm getting eye cancer
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Previous

Return to Artifice & Arcana