Sleeping & Inventory dump bug

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Sleeping & Inventory dump bug

Postby Dammit » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:22 pm

When waking up with items in my inventory, the game crashes with inventory parsing errors (unknown). The game then automatically dumps my inventory under my bed and inside my house obviously where you can't get your stuff back. The crash happens when you press the sort items button.

I thought it was a one time deal, but I have replicated it 3 times. I figured on the third time I should bring this up.

Maybe a warning...Would be nice to get my tools back, but I know that's asking way to much :)
Dammit

Re: Sleeping & Inventory dump bug

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:25 pm

Sorting is a custom client feature and not part of our code. You should post this in the thread of whichever client you are using. I think Latikai's is the only one to do sorting? It'll be in the Artifacts and Arcana section.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Dammit » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:29 pm

Ahh yes, I forgot XD. You could move it?
Dammit

Postby LOMS » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:39 pm

Well, then put that feature sorting away. Recently, I had crashes on logon caused by flaws in Loftar & JC's client code.
This is SUPER bad when you have bed right next to your house wall and some store goods in your inventory at the same time.
Remove all beds from collision check on login and everything will be fine forever.
LOMS

Postby HDHB » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:47 pm

I've learned that it helps to wait until all the images for you inventory are loaded before hitting the sort by- button. Whenever I am too impatient and hit it early, it goes Haven error.
Jesus died for our sins. You should do the same.
HDHB

Postby EnderWiggin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:21 pm

TotalyMeow wrote: I think Latikai's is the only one to do sorting?
Lies! Latikai's client is not the only one having inventroy sorting. But his client is, probably, the only one with sorting crashes ¦]
On a more serious note - that is definitely looks like Latikai client, since you need to press button to sort inventory, while my client always keep inventory sorted.
EnderWiggin

Postby Otis » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:28 pm

I have had a similar issue with crashing when logging in, but on the second attempt it asked me if I wanted to drop my items - and I declined. I use Ender's client.

Might add, that I have used an alt to move the bed and was able to get in clean, so it seems the first login 'wakes you up and gets you out of bed' and the second wont allow you to login because the bed is at your spot. No experience with the other clients.
Awwww...Care Bears are so cute!!!!
Otis

Postby Dammit » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:44 am

Its now happening anytime I log off around any object that could in fact cause collision problems. Not just beds and walls. The latest is the Providence statue, a tree, and a chest. Seems like anytime your character don't have a 1 tile buffer on all sides, its causing problems.
Dammit

Postby Kandarim » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:03 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote: I think Latikai's is the only one to do sorting?
Lies! Latikai's client is not the only one having inventroy sorting. But his client is, probably, the only one with sorting crashes ¦]

Someday I'll stop being lazy and fix it. Today is not that day, sorry. Just don't press the button.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Scilly_guy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:29 pm

This has never happened to me
Scilly_guy

Return to Artifice & Arcana