[HowTo] Siefing Automated

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: [HowTo] Siefing Automated

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:00 am

Darknacht nailed it. I dont' mind simple macros nor do I really care to police them if the player is there, sitting at his computer, still forced to initiate the macro and diligently perform the 'next step'. Complicated macros which automate entire processes while you are able to take an extended leave from your computer are where I personally draw the line.

That being said, Diablo could 'automate' their game so you click a monster once and your character keeps swinging on the mob over and over until it dies. Some people enjoy the zen of constant clicking. Others don't. Salem automates plenty of processes. It felt acceptable that the tedious task of prospecting be one that was click-happy.

Or not, if you find 'click and watch' more fun with your silly little macros.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:18 am

JohnCarver wrote:Darknacht nailed it. I dont' mind simple macros nor do I really care to police them if the player is there, sitting at his computer, still forced to initiate the macro and diligently perform the 'next step'. Complicated macros which automate entire processes while you are able to take an extended leave from your computer are where I personally draw the line.

That being said, Diablo could 'automate' their game so you click a monster once and your character keeps swinging on the mob over and over until it dies. Some people enjoy the zen of constant clicking. Others don't. Salem automates plenty of processes. It felt acceptable that the tedious task of prospecting be one that was click-happy.

Or not, if you find 'click and watch' more fun with your silly little macros.

wouldnt it be possible to have sifting turned so when you click the water once it sifts your whole inventory of rubble instead of one rubble? would fix the whole issue.
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:38 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby McTc » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:59 am

Heffernan wrote: and the inventory doesnt fit much rubble after all.

get some biles and skills man :)

i consider myself a newb, but even i haul 200 rubble to water in inventory
McTc

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:00 am

Manually siefing rubble is the nicest thing ever it keeps me focused and give me finger strength it is SUCH a nice thing that my tear ducts have become non existent because of just how nice of a thing this is if JC were to implement rubble to be siefed all in one click i would cry tears to fill an entire ocean.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby majtejn » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:01 am

Autohotkey implementation:
Code: Select all
+Capslock::
Sleep 1000
Loop
{
   GetKeyState,Check, Capslock, P
   If Check = D
      Break
   ;WinGetPos, X, Y, Width, Height, Salem
   ;X = %Width%/2
   ;Y = %Height%/2
   ControlClick, x955 y600 , Salem
   sleep 1500          ; Adjust if needed
}
return

Starts on shift+capslock and stops on holding caps for 1 second.
Adjust "x955 y600" as needed, as its not good if you click on the middle of the window.
You don't have to be focused on the salem window for this to work.

I was still worried to go out to smoke. JC how long can I be afk without ban?
majtejn

Postby Argentis » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:17 am

If you have a Razer you can do the same with Razer Synapse macros. You can then bind this macro to one of your fancy mouse buttons. Creating this macro was probably the first thing I did when I noticed how tedious sifting was.
Argentis

Postby DarkNacht » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:20 am

There are tons of programs that can do this sort of automation, I don't think we need to list them all.
majtejn wrote:I was still worried to go out to smoke. JC how long can I be afk without ban?

JohnCarver wrote:There is either a human behind the computer, or there is not.

If you leave your computer to get a drink from your fridge, while leaving your macro/bot/automation running we reserve the right to ban you.

Be behind your computer when you are playing and you should be fine.
DarkNacht

Postby bashnagdul » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:32 pm

DarkNacht wrote:There are tons of programs that can do this sort of automation, I don't think we need to list them all.
majtejn wrote:I was still worried to go out to smoke. JC how long can I be afk without ban?

If you leave your computer to get a drink from your fridge, while leaving your macro/bot/automation running we reserve the right to ban you.

conspiracy
hrmzzz, this sorta implies that he is watching our webcams while we play to make sure we are there!
/conspiracy

also known as, as long as he has no way of knowing if you are there or not, go smoke a cig :)
bashnagdul

Postby Heffernan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 pm

bashnagdul wrote:
DarkNacht wrote:There are tons of programs that can do this sort of automation, I don't think we need to list them all.

conspiracy
hrmzzz, this sorta implies that he is watching our webcams while we play to make sure we are there!
/conspiracy

also known as, as long as he has no way of knowing if you are there or not, go smoke a cig :)

he could pm you
Heffernan

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana