Proficiency learning optimizer

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Proficiency learning optimizer

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:19 pm

JohnCarver wrote:nerds

:lol:
Rubberduckbandit

Postby Luaan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:23 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:Nice tool. But it has some bugs with calculating cost. It shows Brilliant Honeydew + Foetid Ooze cost 27375 or 29500. Which is strange. Looks like it has something to do with order of consumption.
Plus it often includes combinations like 1st place A+B, 2nd place A+B+C. 2nd option is clearly wrong.

Well, I'm always noticing the values on the wiki aren't exactly right. I tend to fix those when I see them.

I'm not sure what the problem with cost calculation could be. I'm not even doing anything smart with the calculation. Of course, there is a difference if you use the same inspirational twice, but there shouldn't be if all of them are different. It might be that I'm not recalculating the costs after some of the operations in the *last* evolution cycle (so the organism doesn't get a Tick). I'll look into it.

And yeah, I know about the "A+B", "A+B+C" problem. But there isn't really a way to do optimal pruning of the results, and I'm always keeping the top 5 solutions - sometimes that means including the best solution with four random other (very low inspiration) inspirationals as others in the top 5 :D It works pretty well to just "Retry with best", it tends to find the proper removals very easily. I guess I could remove solutions that are only additions over some other solution (i.e. "obviously wrong"), so that you'd get more variety in the top 5.

EDIT:

Ah, fixed it. Seems that while cloning inspirationals, I forgot to clone the ID used to distinguish between inspirationals. Oops. I'll upload a fixed version soon.
Luaan

Postby Luaan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:57 pm

I've uploaded a new version that fixes the inspiration penalty calculation, and introduces an experimental pruning option. Works even better than before! :)
Luaan

Postby EnderWiggin » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:26 am

Luaan wrote:I've uploaded a new version that fixes the inspiration penalty calculation, and introduces an experimental pruning option. Works even better than before! :)

I get System.IndexOutOfRangeException when pressing find.
EnderWiggin

Postby Yes » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:44 am

Would be cool to have the checked inspirationals saved when you update your installation.
also getting
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby trungdle » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:05 am

Dude I was just like "wish there's some tool to calculate insp needed" this morning. You made my day. Thank you.
Thank you again.
Edit after use: Is my birthday today? Deficiency no more!
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby Luaan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:19 am

Yes wrote:Would be cool to have the checked inspirationals saved when you update your installation.
also getting
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

The checked inspirationals should be upgraded - it does work for me. Are you on Linux? You can find the configs in AppData/Roaming on Windows.

As for the exception, you can get around it by not checking the last inspirational (keep unchecking from the bottom until it stops crashing). I'll fix it as soon as I get to a computer, I'm pretty sure of the cause now.

EDIT: There's a fix for the IndexOutOfRangeException now.
Luaan

Postby Sipo » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:45 am

Any way to copy to clipboard? Anyway to double click and open a window with the inspirationals to study?
It's not good at high levels without those features.
Sipo

Postby Kandarim » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:23 am

It's your own fault for having such a ridiculously high thread and needle.
Ps: thanks for the 1 diff cape!
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Yes » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:27 am

Luaan wrote:
Yes wrote:Would be cool to have the checked inspirationals saved when you update your installation.

The checked inspirationals should be upgraded - it does work for me. Are you on Linux? You can find the configs in AppData/Roaming on Windows.

Yeah, thanks. "AppData\Roaming\SalemOptimizer\SalemOptimizer.exe_Url_blabla\1.5.1.0\user.config" needs to be copied from previous versions to the new one.
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana