Proficiency learning optimizer

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Proficiency learning optimizer

Postby Luaan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:19 pm

majtejn wrote:EDIT: The only idea I'd like to see is to be able to set a difficulty (1-10) for each item. So i can tell the program how hard is something to get.

Yeah, I've had that at one point - you could add a weight to any inspirational (using the inpirationals.dat file). It doesn't really work all too well - either the weight is too low to make a difference, or its so big you're not going to get that inspirational at all. Using the "Prune leaderboard" option is a lot more effective - you can see the runner ups and decide whether those inspirationals are more appropriate for you.

It would be handy to have something that also plans for longer learning, e.g. "Raise my threads & needles from 10000 to 20000 with this amount of inspirationals", but the magnitude of that problem is considerably larger.

It's also very tricky to combine optimizing for inspiration while optimizing for scarcity at the same time. I considered using a price-in-silvers as a scarcity metric, but it breaks down because some inspirationals are virtually free, while others are very scarce. And combining inspiration with cost in a reasonable way is very tricky. You can try tweaking the engine yourself, the sources are all there :)
Luaan

Postby Yes » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:46 pm

Luaan wrote:It's also very tricky to combine optimizing for inspiration while optimizing for scarcity at the same time. I considered using a price-in-silvers as a scarcity metric, but it breaks down because some inspirationals are virtually free, while others are very scarce. And combining inspiration with cost in a reasonable way is very tricky. You can try tweaking the engine yourself, the sources are all there :)

That's what checking/unchecking is for. Silver price per study session is useless atm because there is no normal market price.
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby majtejn » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:21 pm

The checking/unchecking works fine, but what if I have a Carpenter's square but I don't want to use it more than once in a session.
Maybe the program doesn't have to optimize for the difficulty, but there could be an option to sort possible solutions based on the total difficulty of the used items.
I imagine this by adding another column to both lists one for setting the diff, the other for displaying the summarized diff. This solution does nothing with the engine, that's the next step...
majtejn

Postby Kandarim » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:08 pm

If you want to use your carpenter's square exactly once per session, just subtract whatever it gives from your goal per session.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby EnderWiggin » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:58 am

Luaan wrote:
EnderWiggin wrote:Can you add checkbox to multiply proficiencies by 100? That way it would be a bit easier to setup for raising proficiency levels.
I tend to use the mousewheel for that. The tricky part is that different mice (and mouse configurations) scroll by different amounts. Maybe I could hack the scrolling somehow to go 100 at a time always? So you'd just need to rotate your wheel two places to get to the next "level"?
What I meant is you write 11 in proficiency value and program treats it as 1100. That way it would be easier to make calculation for proficiencies raising - less 0's to type. You can even add "levelup" button to add 1 (or 100, depending on mode) to all non-zero proficiencies.
EnderWiggin

Postby majtejn » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:47 am

Added some little changes:
https://github.com/majtejn/SalemOptimizer

ZIP:https://www.dropbox.com/s/0lwrffybak3alzm/SalemOptimizer.1.6.2.zip?dl=0

-inspirationals now have difficulty
-solutions now have total difficulty (sortable)
-prof selection now scrolls by 100
-solution count now editable
-added Use All checkbox that will ignore selected inspirationals and act like all were selected
-calculation now goes on 8 threads (still hardcoded)
-added skill database for fast selection (doesn't work, something isn't right with the imported data)
Wiki guys out there, please make a table of skills like the one with inspirationals. I used a dumb crawler from import.io but that didn't work well.

Plans:
- to make skill selection right
- to make a new window with current proficiencies so in the window that comes up when you click on a solution could be a list of other proficiencies raised in the session
- maybe some way to optimize for difficulty too
majtejn

Postby trungdle » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:25 pm

newest version sometime calculate wrong for me. can't replicate the problem as I spent all my insp on your tool and get all the skills I can in 2 days.
I both love and hate you now :|
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby RedVIII » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:30 pm

trungdle wrote:newest version sometime calculate wrong for me. can't replicate the problem as I spent all my insp on your tool and get all the skills I can in 2 days.
I both love and hate you now :|

Maybe you used them in the same order which the optimizer, which don't order them to avoid the non-variety nerf.
New Player.
RedVIII

Postby alloin » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:33 pm

jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby majtejn » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:51 pm

Hmm, dunno why. Maybe you could try it from github if you can compile it. By the way it has nothing bad inside, it's only compiled from the source available publicly.
Or just wait a bit as there is a problem with my version that I'll fix as soon as I have time.
majtejn

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana