How to localize/translate the text?

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: How to localize/translate the text?

Postby prozhong » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:49 pm

Kandarim wrote:There's also such a thing as resource file version. Make sure your version (in one of the meta files for extracted res or cached files) matches that of the latest version or the server will simply overwrite it.


1.Yeah I found ".salem\cache\tmp\allused.cached" in which there are paginae/tiles/skills/items versions my little 10 humour character have faced.......May I have your "allused.cached" file sir?
2.Is there any access to latest version salem-res.jar or May I have all your *.cached file(cuz I think you must have loaded there all new-add items/skills/system in game)?
3.Is salem supporting richtext or making fonts showing bigger?

Thanks for your patience ¦]
User avatar
prozhong
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:27 am

Re: How to localize/translate the text?

Postby Kandarim » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:29 pm

again, check the use of that smiley ;)
I'll zip my cache in a minute
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
User avatar
Kandarim
Customer
 
Posts: 5308
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Re: How to localize/translate the text?

Postby Kandarim » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:33 pm

Kandarim wrote:again, check the use of that smiley ;)
I'll zip my cache in a minute


get it here
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
User avatar
Kandarim
Customer
 
Posts: 5308
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Re: How to localize/translate the text?

Postby prozhong » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Kandarim wrote:
Kandarim wrote:again, check the use of that smiley ;)
I'll zip my cache in a minute


get it here


:D Thanks mate! You are so nice
User avatar
prozhong
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:27 am

Re: How to localize/translate the text?

Postby Argentis » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:01 pm

If someone wants to do all the modding I can do the translation from English to French. If anyone doubt of my capacities: I am a native French speaker with a MA in English Studies and I am currently pursuing a pHD.
User avatar
Argentis
 
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: How to localize/translate the text?

Postby Kandarim » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:10 pm

with two errors in the last sentence: you just proved your point!
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
User avatar
Kandarim
Customer
 
Posts: 5308
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Re: How to localize/translate the text?

Postby prozhong » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:55 am

Argentis wrote:If someone wants to do all the modding I can do the translation from English to French. If anyone doubt of my capacities: I am a native French speaker with a MA in English Studies and I am currently pursuing a pHD.


For the item name translation, there are 1200+ files which means 1200+ item name.

And less than 1000 file in crafting/building...etc (the right bottom of the UI)

I just want to finish this 2200+/- translation though there are other text , cuz the file structure is weird which hard for me to recognize...

Also it may be called modding but what I did is just decoding the files / translation / encoding

If you/anyone really want to help a French/other language version ( I am working on Chinese Simplified version ),I will write a howto when I prove my version works ....which means after 7-30 days

Just ignore my poor grammar
User avatar
prozhong
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:27 am

Re: How to localize/translate the text?

Postby JessicaTheRipper » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:06 pm

prozhong wrote:
Argentis wrote:I will write a howto when I prove my version works ....which means after 7-30 days

yes please
User avatar
JessicaTheRipper
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:58 am

Re: How to localize/translate the text?

Postby prozhong » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:42 am

JessicaTheRipper wrote:
prozhong wrote:
Argentis wrote:I will write a howto when I prove my version works ....which means after 7-30 days

yes please


I transformed them into excel file
excel.png
excel.png (18.35 KiB) Viewed 3658 times
User avatar
prozhong
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:27 am

Re: How to localize/translate the text?

Postby trungdle » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:36 am

I can help translate the game into Vietnamese. Though I'm not really that dedicated, I think I can actually finish this.
Edit: how about giving us that excel file? We fill the blanks, you find a way to put our work into use, like a name changing program based on that excel file or something.
You thought I quit.
User avatar
trungdle
 
Posts: 1687
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:20 pm
Location: Humble, Texas

Previous

Return to Artifice & Arcana

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest