Map-tool

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Map-tool

Postby Cookface » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:37 am

Yeah, ok. I didn't mean to stitch them together into a single file. Just finding their relative location, across sessions, creating zoom levels and rendering... hogging something other than ram :D
Cookface

Postby imrielle » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:43 am

Cookface wrote:Yeah, ok. I didn't mean to stitch them together into a single file. Just finding their relative location, across sessions, creating zoom levels and rendering... hogging something other than ram :D

Yeah, its a monster when it comes to RAM. I have to close it in between imports for the three servers - it can, and does, use every bit of ram available eventually.
What kind of sucks though, is that it does not use the swap file. It would make more sense to store at least some of the files in swap, versus straight into RAM, considering the number of files. What I find extremely frustrating and annoying, too, is this: The Roanoke main map combine is 277MB's. When you import just it, the map tool shoots straight up to almost 2GB of ram used.
imrielle
Customer

Postby martinuzz » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:51 pm

So I made a nice merged map of an exploratory journey, using the mapping tool.
Now I would like to upload it somewhere, so that my group members can view it as well.
How do I do that? (Just oploading the png to photobucket or something similar won't cut it, resolution too low, I want to be able to share it as the mapping tool shows it)
I tried searching the Help forum for an answer, as suggested in an earlier post in this thread, but that came up with nothing.
Did Claeyt shut up yet?
WARNING: berrymash laxatives can cause your character to explode violently, after eating chymically unstable foods.
martinuzz

Postby Wournos » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:45 pm

martinuzz wrote:So I made a nice merged map of an exploratory journey, using the mapping tool.
Now I would like to upload it somewhere, so that my group members can view it as well.
How do I do that? (Just oploading the png to photobucket or something similar won't cut it, resolution too low, I want to be able to share it as the mapping tool shows it)
I tried searching the Help forum for an answer, as suggested in an earlier post in this thread, but that came up with nothing.

One thing that springs to mind is Dropbox - as long as everyone views the file from it or copy/paste to their computer (not remove it from Dropbox, which is easily done ;) ). Not sure if this is ideal though.
Reminder to self: Patience is a virtue.
If Apple blocks Java on Mac: delete
Wournos

Previous

Return to Artifice & Arcana