This may be a stupid question

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

This may be a stupid question

Postby raptamaiko » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:53 pm

I am really loving this game so far.
I finally got my settlement going. But then I noticed you have to pay silver to keep that up. Which means you have to log in often. and that's no guarantee your stuff will still be there. Don't get me wrong, I actually do enjoy that aspect of the game. But part of me dislikes the urgency it gives. What I was thinking is if it's possible to download the game so I can have my own seperate homestead to work on and grow casually, at my own pace.

Is it possible to have your own offline, standalone version of it? Does anything like that exist?
dashing through the woods
oops I spooked a deer
searching for some toadstools
oh look there's one right here!
raptamaiko

Re: This may be a stupid question

Postby dullahx » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:04 pm

nope
dullahx

Postby DarkNacht » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:06 pm

raptamaiko wrote:I am really loving this game so far.
I finally got my settlement going. But then I noticed you have to pay silver to keep that up. Which means you have to log in often. and that's no guarantee your stuff will still be there. Don't get me wrong, I actually do enjoy that aspect of the game. But part of me dislikes the urgency it gives. What I was thinking is if it's possible to download the game so I can have my own seperate homestead to work on and grow casually, at my own pace.

Is it possible to have your own offline, standalone version of it? Does anything like that exist?

yes its called Don't Starve.
DarkNacht

Postby raptamaiko » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:14 pm

DarkNacht wrote:
raptamaiko wrote:I am really loving this game so far.

yes its called Don't Starve.

haha that game is great. i like salem heaps better though. oh well thanks for the info :)
oops I spooked a deer
raptamaiko

Postby troubleis » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:41 pm

You can add enough silver to your claim to last for 2 months when its full, so that should be enough time to remove that sense of urgency
JohnCarver wrote:
as captain of this ship, I plan on riding it to our destination as a submarine if I have to.
troubleis

Postby Frakked » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Only game advertising such is Star Citizen and it's still in development...

Sorry
Frakked

Postby Frakked » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:14 pm

troubleis wrote:You can add enough silver to your claim to last for 2 months when its full, so that should be enough time to remove that sense of urgency

Bell though is only two weeks... just an FYI

Bell offers greater protection but at an increased cost...

You get what you pay for.
Frakked

Postby Feone » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:20 pm

Frakked wrote:
troubleis wrote:You can add enough silver to your claim to last for 2 months when its full, so that should be enough time to remove that sense of urgency

Bell though is only two weeks... just an FYI

Bell offers greater protection but at an increased cost...

You get what you pay for.

The increased cost isn't all that bad.
The cost of bringing a pclaim up to the size of a bell is high enough to offset the difference in upkeep for a long time.
Feone

Postby raptamaiko » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:33 pm

i know but in the back of my mind it seems kind of ...pointless, to invest so many hours into something that can go away so easily. i like the game a great deal, up until i realize that if i dont keep investing, then all the time put into it, can be considered a waste if i ever want to take a break from the game
oops I spooked a deer
raptamaiko

Postby Kandarim » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:41 pm

also, the bell lasts longer than two weeks if you plant more flags. Flags add more silver storage than two weeks' worth of their upkeep. (Is this still true? I remember it being true once upon a time)
Last edited by Kandarim on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Next

Return to Artifice & Arcana