48x48 tiles

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: 48x48 tiles

Postby alloin » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Darwoth wrote:the picture was to make fun of your butthurt ragequitting. not because i would use this retarded **** (my computer is not original equipment for the moon landing), particularly from you of all people :lol: :lol:

Is that why you always play on a 600x800 resolution ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:06 pm

i play on a large resolution to......

1> take better screenshots

2> minimize mouse travel without turning up my mouse and losing stability/accuracy.

3> see **** easier

way to be a ******* as usual, maybe you should go kill some more of your own characters in a fit of adolescent rage again :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwoth

Postby alloin » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:22 am

Darwoth wrote:i play on a large resolution to......

1> take better screenshots

2> minimize mouse travel without turning up my mouse and losing stability/accuracy.

3> see **** easier

way to be a ******* as usual, maybe you should go kill some more of your own characters in a fit of adolescent rage again :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

that's some epic excuses :mrgreen:
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Orcling » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:16 pm

Darwoth wrote:3> see **** easier

If you want to see things "easier", you can just replace all the imporant models with huge honking red exclamation marks. That way you'll never miss 'em!

You could also replace paving on the map with a really bright easy-to-see colour. Don't diss scrubs just because they need a lower res tileset for their not-so-great computers. Not everyone inherited grandpappys money and can go sit at home being unemployed and playing mmo's all day erry day.
Orcling

Postby pietrko » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:51 pm

Two nooby questions:
  • This work with all clients or only with custom ones?
  • In case game won't find low-res asset in pack it will use high-res from the game or some weir stuff will happen?
pietrko
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:17 pm

this will only work with the custom clients (Ender's or mine). The custom clients look for a folder named ~/Salem/custom_res. Any files in there will override any other ones. Graphic files not in the custom_res folder are simply resolved with the cache or the resource server itself -- hence any resource files not in the mod will be displayed as they are now.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby raujika » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:04 am

I already have a rather large map of the world going. If I install this pack, I will be unable to continue adding to my map, right?
raujika
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:25 am

this pack makes no changes to the way maps are handled/storaged, only how they appear in the MapView (3D view) of your client. Your map should be fine.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Judaism » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:06 pm

Actually, I did changed the minimap back then. It is very unlikely that it will cause problems however to be sure (when I would be you) I would remove or not install the map files. On the other side, these images are much smaller in size and making your own map will be much easier to download/share and compress.

Also, I plan to update the 48x48 pretty soon and I will include all the new changes over the last year orso.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Crlsdmc » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:28 pm

Works like a charm, perfomance increased in my alt laptop, thanks Judaism. :D

One thing I didn't find convenient was the quality reduction in the map, can I change it back to normal while keeping the 48x48 tile set or is this not possible?
My Trade-Wind Thread: http://goo.gl/582OmX

Embrace The Wilderness
Crlsdmc

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana