Minimalisation by Judaism

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Minimalisation by Judaism

Postby Kandarim » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:54 am

well I already have them in my radar ... I keep forgetting that not everyone has the same radar file as I do :) I've just added it to the default radar file, it'll be from the next update on.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
User avatar
Kandarim
Customer
 
Posts: 5308
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Re: Minimalisation by Judaism

Postby Hose » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:37 am

+ 1, nice pack!
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
User avatar
Hose
 
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:39 am

Re: Minimalisation by Judaism

Postby Judaism » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:14 am

Update 18-07-14: resized trees to 1x1, I am aware that the newer trees are not completely correct, I deleted my files (not on purpose). Also fixed the leaf tiles.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
User avatar
Judaism
Customer
 
Posts: 3862
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:51 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Minimalisation by Judaism

Postby Tamasin » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:11 am

thankyou :D

i had serious lag problems, particularly after almost breaking my pc the other day. now salem runs super smoothly even with multiple clients in boston. i'm very happy.
Tamasin
Customer
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:11 pm

Re: Minimalisation by Judaism

Postby vienradzis » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:09 am

Judaism wrote:Update 18-07-14: resized trees to 1x1, I am aware that the newer trees are not completely correct, I deleted my files (not on purpose). Also fixed the leaf tiles.


GJ Judaism. But it would be nice if you made tree leaves more transperent.
User avatar
vienradzis
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Minimalisation by Judaism

Postby Judaism » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:42 am

vienradzis wrote:GJ Judaism. But it would be nice if you made tree leaves more transperent.


Good point.

What do you think is best:

No leaves at all:

Image


Transparent (only possible when you increase the tiles) :

Image
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
User avatar
Judaism
Customer
 
Posts: 3862
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:51 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Minimalisation by Judaism

Postby Kandarim » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:10 am

I think the transparant option is best.
There is also a point at which you're going too far :) i think the pixelicious pack struck a perfect harmony between looks and texture size, but honestly I wouldn't want to play for long periods with those 1x1 trees :)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
User avatar
Kandarim
Customer
 
Posts: 5308
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Re: Minimalisation by Judaism

Postby Judaism » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:29 am

Quickfix: changed the leafs from 1x1 -> 2x2 makes it more transparent

Kandarim wrote:I think the transparant option is best.
There is also a point at which you're going too far :) i think the pixelicious pack struck a perfect harmony between looks and texture size, but honestly I wouldn't want to play for long periods with those 1x1 trees :)


I went for the transparant, anyway the point of this pack is to optimize, I rather have 32x32 if I would go for graphics, thats more balanced in my opinion.

If there are people interested in a 32x32 pack like chiprel once made I will be doing that also, but for now I want to optimize this pack first and all the textures will go down. (Take in note that these are optional, you could just leave them in the zip file)
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
User avatar
Judaism
Customer
 
Posts: 3862
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:51 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Minimalisation by Judaism

Postby vienradzis » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:00 pm

Judaism wrote:
vienradzis wrote:GJ Judaism. But it would be nice if you made tree leaves more transperent.


Good point.

What do you think is best:

No leaves at all:

Image


Transparent (only possible when you increase the tiles) :

Image


second option look more estetic
User avatar
vienradzis
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Minimalisation by Judaism

Postby vienradzis » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:16 pm

yeah i installed it and i like it.
User avatar
vienradzis
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests