Minimalisation by Judaism

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Minimalisation by Judaism

Postby Judaism » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:08 am

As the numbers are slowly rising again some people are having lag issues, therefore I am investing some of my time to make a mod which will boost your fps quite abit. Mostly its pure minimalisation except the imporant things.

Tile changes (1x1) :

All tiles 1x1

This will boost your FPS quite alot.

Texture changes:

Resized trees to 1x1

Minimap changes:

Reduced the minimap tiles from 62x62 to 10x10 or less. This will save you heaps of time whenever you want to make your own map, it will speed up the process & less data in your salem folders.

Old minimap:

New minimap:

Off-topic

Added a file called ''radar'', this radar shows scents on your minimap they appear like this:

How to install:

1: Download the zip file from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zojjz19g9giu3i8/Minimalisation%201.0.2.3.rar?dl=0
2: Extract alle the files to your salem file so to: ''C:\Users\''Username''\Salem'' (In my case my username is Administrator so for me it is: C:\Users\Administrator\Salem)

Everything should be fine now, please feedback.
Last edited by Judaism on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:24 am, edited 21 times in total.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Re: 1x1 tiles

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:13 am

Thank you for doing this.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby alloin » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:38 am

Good job !
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Suffragium » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:58 am

Judaism wrote:As the numbers are slowly rising again some people are having lag issues, therefore I made a 1x1 tile package. (No-1 updated the previous versions)

This is certainly not about graphics, its all about your FPS, I did all tiles except the leafs they are somehow odd.

How to install:

1: Download the zip file from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccgtlrjsk1d4cw3/Beta%201x1.zip
2: Extract ''custom_res'' to: ''C:\Users\''Username''\Salem'' (In my case my username is Administrator so for me it is: C:\Users\Administrator\Salem)
3: Go to your: ''C:\Users\''Username''\.salem\cache\res\gfx\tiles'' and copy the tiles folder, (this is your backup, save it somewhere)
4: Extract the files INSIDE the ''cached folder'' to ''C:\Users\''Username''\.salem\cache\res\gfx\tiles''

Everything should be fine now, hopefully it gives you a steady fps boost like it did with me.

I used some folders from Hans_Lemurson Pixelicious

That man standing next to you in that picture is very handsome.
Something deep or funny
Suffragium

Postby Kandarim » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:42 pm

just wondering (haven't actually checked) whether this also has the scaled down graphics for trees and tree leaves (in particular, I remember maple leaves being grossly decadent with texture size)? or is it only the ground itself ? As those cliffs look scaled down, I assume so?

If you want, I'm pretty sure I can hunt down an old version of the pixelicious pack on one of my older computers.

EDIT: nvm, it's actually still up.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby ungodly » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:04 pm

Simply magnificent! Keeping it simple. Thank you for this, it's great and really appreciated.

Since the town got the 'new' additions it just lags a lot. The 3 wilderness guides spamming close by doesn't add much benefit and makes this worse.

Trading between alts doesn't go nowhere as smooth as it used to - when it goes. Need to keep rebooting frequently. I've heard from people who have trouble even with one account. I know devs are aware of this and working on it but we could do without the other 2 additional wilderness guides as we've done until now.
</no rant>

This is a great help so again thank you.
ungodly

Re: Minimisation by Judaism

Postby Judaism » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:07 am

Update 17/7/2014: fixed shrub biome & simplified the minimap from 62x62 to 10x10 or lower.

Next I will focus on scaling down the objects suchs as trees.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Re: Minimalisation by Judaism

Postby Kandarim » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:13 am

love the new name!
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Judaism » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:20 am

Kandarim wrote:love the new name!

Had to change it because its not 1x1 alone anymore :D

Anyway, perhaps you could add the radar scent option in your client, quite usefull I'd say and easy to implement.
Judaism
Customer

Postby alloin » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:44 am

Judaism wrote:
Kandarim wrote:love the new name!

Had to change it because its not 1x1 alone anymore :D

Anyway, perhaps you could add the radar scent option in your client, quite usefull I'd say and easy to implement.

or just add this line to radar.xml

Code: Select all
<marker match="gfx/fx/clue" text="Scent" color="#00ff00" />
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Next

Return to Artifice & Arcana