Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Postby Kandarim » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:36 pm

minor update to timers and abacus: both now correctly re-open after relogging, and you no longer get multiple timer alarms after relogging.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Taipion » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:15 pm

Kandarim wrote:minor update to timers and abacus: both now correctly re-open after relogging, and you no longer get multiple timer alarms after relogging.

Thank you! :-)

...but I don't see it yet on git, is it just me?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Kandarim » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:59 am

weird, indeed. I was sure I had pushed it - merged now.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:29 am

another weird little fix, thanks to Taipion (again) - the autobucket cheat should no longer crash your client if you have an empty bucket on your cursor when you log in (previously it sometimes did, due to loading crashes).

I would also like to formally state that I will not actively update this client anymore, even though I haven't done so for a long time.
For the foreseeable future, if people report serious crashes, or if they send me small snippets with fixes/improvements (like Taipion is doing on a regular basis, for which huge thanks) I will find some time to incorporate/address these things. The same for server updates that require a client fix. As some people have undoubtedly noticed, I have been largely absent for well over a year now, from both the forums and the game (in as far as I was not already absent from the game since Roanoke ended). All's well and good, but real life is taking me away from Salem more and more, and I find myself not regretting that. I also do not enjoy working on the client as much as I used to, so that I have little incentive to do so. Ask Taipion about how long it sometimes takes me to incorporate his fixes :roll:
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:01 am

Kandarim wrote:another weird little fix, thanks to Taipion (again) - the autobucket cheat should no longer crash your client if you have an empty bucket on your cursor when you log in (previously it sometimes did, due to loading crashes).

I would also like to formally state that I will not actively update this client anymore, even though I haven't done so for a long time.
For the foreseeable future, if people report serious crashes, or if they send me small snippets with fixes/improvements (like Taipion is doing on a regular basis, for which huge thanks) I will find some time to incorporate/address these things. The same for server updates that require a client fix. As some people have undoubtedly noticed, I have been largely absent for well over a year now, from both the forums and the game (in as far as I was not already absent from the game since Roanoke ended). All's well and good, but real life is taking me away from Salem more and more, and I find myself not regretting that. I also do not enjoy working on the client as much as I used to, so that I have little incentive to do so. Ask Taipion about how long it sometimes takes me to incorporate his fixes :roll:

Then you should give access for other person update etc. ?
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:11 am

I will not; anybody who wants to do their own client can simply fork the repository, and go from there: exactly the same as I did when I split off from Ender's.
This because an update to the client would still require me to re-compile the client and upload it to my public github hosting, which I cannot guarantee, and is a plain silly set-up.
It's pretty straightforward to set up the launcher for another hosting location (again, as I copied Ender's launcher and basically just changed the URL), and I'm happy to help people trying to set this up.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Dodo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:50 pm

EDITED:

NVM, i'm stupid
Dodo

Postby toddesloan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:39 pm

Latikai client down!!! Cannot connect to the DNS :shock:
BigCountry
The Clintons (William and Hillary)

http://www.twitch.tv/bigcountry74/profile
toddesloan
Customer

Postby Freedoom » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:48 pm

toddesloan wrote:Latikai client down!!! Cannot connect to the DNS :shock:

"java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://DonnEssime.github.io/Salem/updater.jar". That file does not exist just right now.
Freedoom

Postby Taipion » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Use the .jar instead of the .jnlp to start the client,
or use a batch file to start manually, like shown here
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana