lifting objects in claims.

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

lifting objects in claims.

Postby Ceriux » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Well i just recently noticed that i cant lift objects that are in my own claim unless im standing in it. that could present problems if not careful. idk if its a mechanic or if its a bug. but to me it feels like a bug i should be able to lift my own objects out of my own claim at anytime.
Ceriux

Re: lifting objects in claims.

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:07 pm

which objects are you talking about?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Ceriux » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:58 pm

baskets, logs, crates ect. anything you can normally lift.
Ceriux

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Ceriux wrote:Well i just recently noticed that i cant lift objects that are in my own claim unless im standing in it. that could present problems if not careful. idk if its a mechanic or if its a bug. but to me it feels like a bug i should be able to lift my own objects out of my own claim at anytime.

So if I'm reading this right, you are standing outside of your claim and trying to pick up an object that inside your claim and unable to do so? This is possibly related to a recent fix to a theft bug. I think I see what you're describing here, but could you provide a screenshot? Make sure to have claim highlighting turned on (button on top of the minimap).

At worst, this is a mild annoyance compared to the prior bug, I think, but others might have a different opinion.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Ceriux » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:09 am

well in the begining i had to really plan out where i was going to put containers so i could reach them all and not have some trapped in the middle, otherwise i would just be wasting space in my claim. but yeah ill try and get a screen, he just walks to it and does nothing. (if im inside of the claim he can still pick it up)

edit:

heres a screen:

Ceriux

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:50 am

oh now i know whats happening.
it has nothing to do with claim, has happened to my char too without claims.
im guessing its due to the lack of space for char to get to the object to lift it. or possibly the slope. not really sure, but i think its not a bug. (better check it out though, try reporting in the bug tracker with better explanation.)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Ceriux » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:32 am

it happens with all objects weather i have room or not, iv tested it with the logs which have a open space. if im inside the claim i can grab anything that lines up properly with my character. try it yourself i'm positive its because i'm not in the claim.
Ceriux

Return to Bugs & Technicalities