Hideworking

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Hideworking

Postby weirdg » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:19 am

I was drying 5 rabbit hides overnight. This morning when I woke up they're gone. The drying frames are all empty. Someone might have "stolen" them, but all my unprotected chests are untouched, so I find that unlikely. Perhaps they despawn when they're dried?
weirdg

Re: Hideworking

Postby Bluestone » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:22 am

I have dried several sets of hides and some isinglass, nothing has despawned when dried.

Maybe someone could only fit your hides?

My frames are on my claim.
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby staxjax » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:22 am

Yeah, they were stolen.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby mmo4gamer » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:01 am

Can someone please explain to me how the tracking works for people destroying or stealing from your drying racks? I logged on to see one of my racks dissappeared, but turning on tracking doesn't show anything. I had the rack sticking outside my base but the sticks that touch the ground on one corner were still in my territory. I've tried to touch other peoples stuff that looks like I had it (only reason I tried doing that) and I never am able to look at them. I had lots of other things way more valuable then that inside (fully) my base and nothing else was touched, not even the 2nd finished drying rack that was also mostly outside my territory line.
mmo4gamer

Postby Bluestone » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:35 am

mmo4gamer wrote:Can someone please explain to me how the tracking works for people destroying or stealing from your drying racks? I logged on to see one of my racks dissappeared, but turning on tracking doesn't show anything. I had the rack sticking outside my base but the sticks that touch the ground on one corner were still in my territory. I've tried to touch other peoples stuff that looks like I had it (only reason I tried doing that) and I never am able to look at them. I had lots of other things way more valuable then that inside (fully) my base and nothing else was touched, not even the 2nd finished drying rack that was also mostly outside my territory line.

Someone correct me if I am wrong - When you turn on tracking you need to reload the area by either going to boston and back or inside and out of a house or walking out of range then going back.
If there is anything to track there will be floating exclamation marks ( ! ) that you can right click and track. - further aspects of tracking will have to be filled in by someone else with more experience.

Crime scents are only available for a certain period of time so it is possible that they just faded before you logged in.
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby mmo4gamer » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:41 am

Thanks for the tip.
mmo4gamer

Return to Bugs & Technicalities