Java Security Settings

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: How Oracle screwed up and how to fix it

Postby Emina » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:14 am

thank you guys for the quick answers, i have it working now so im happy.

ohh and my suggestion for the title was mainley with this image in thaught since this was kinda the same pop up window that popped up on my comp. so i was trying to use search words like java security settings and so on wich got me quite stray in a wilderness of java threads with errors and what not. i was just lucky to finally stumble upon this thread :)

Emina

Re: How Oracle screwed up and how to fix it

Postby Chiprel » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:33 am

Nagualcina wrote:
Kandarim wrote:by giving your 64 bit java precedence on the 32 bit one: make its path come first in your system PATH variable on windows. Simply launching with the 64-bit webstart will often not work on windows.

Didnt had any PATH in my system variable, so i added one that point to x64 (F:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\), restarted, launched again but no luck, it saya Java *32 again...B(

Run salem with a .bat file (salem .jar files are stored in USER/salem/bin):
Code: Select all
"F:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Dhaven.resurl="http://game.salemthegame.com/res/" -Dhaven.defserv="game.salemthegame.com" -jar lsalem.jar

Keep in mind that this only starts salem without the updater. So from time to time you'll have to run the updater manually.
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Re: Java Security Settings

Postby Waffles72 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:15 am

Um when i try to uninstall java it says i don't have it but i do, because it allows me to go to java settings but it only has high and very high security settings no medium, so i try to re-download just to make sure but it says force close "jp2launcher.exe" to finish download so i do but then it gives me error code 1603.
so i don't know what to do really and its really pissing me off. please help me :oops:
Waffles72

Postby tack » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:58 pm

java 8 screws you again the mortal moments client works but the custom cliants are screwed got to love java
post powered by Dyslexia
tack

Postby Kandarim » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:08 pm

if I remember correctly, you now need to add the specific site as an exception
I haven't switched to the Java 8 yet, and if Oracle keeps this up it won't be anytime soon :lol:
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Chiprel » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:12 am

Kandarim wrote:if I remember correctly, you now need to add the specific site as an exception
I haven't switched to the Java 8 yet, and if Oracle keeps this up it won't be anytime soon :lol:

Yup

dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:08 pm

Note that this applies strictly to custom clients now, and not the original client from Mortal Moments.

Also to note: I'm not really sure this is safer overall, but it is, in general, safer to have a closed system with allowing specific exceptions than having an open system. Oracle just needs to make it a bit easier to open a hole for the average user. Having open routers and firewalls are why most people get their networks and computers hacked.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Rantul » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:41 am

Rantul

Postby WiKeD » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:43 am

None of these seem to work with Java 8 update. I'm not really sure what to do at this point. Should I download an older version of Java?
WiKeD

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:36 am

Could you give a bit more about what's not working? Some of the settings options changed in Java 8, but in general, adding the exceptions should work. Otherwise, I believe the screenshot above posted by Chiprel is from the latest Java version.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs & Technicalities