Java Security Settings

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Java Security Settings

Postby Chiprel » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:46 am

MagicManICT wrote:Could you give a bit more about what's not working? Some of the settings options changed in Java 8, but in general, adding the exceptions should work. Otherwise, I believe the screenshot above posted by Chiprel is from the latest Java version.

Indeed it is from latest Java version.

Game started from updater.jnlp, updater.jar and .bat file works without a problem.
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby Dexion » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:56 pm

Suddenly while playing Salem i just got a Java popup that tells me that the salem applications certificate is not yet or not anymore valid.

Tried to delete all cache and redownloaded but i cant start the game anymore because it has no valid certificate.
Im using the normal client and Java 8 Update 45.
Dexion

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:46 pm

You can always add an exception for the site.

The specific error received might be useful in troubleshooting. It's always good to post it--copy-pasted preferred, but a screenshot if that's not possible.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Dexion » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:01 pm

I added an exeption and its working again now. Upon agreeing to the exeption Java told me that the certificate for the official game client was and is only valid up until today 14:00 GMT.
Dexion

Postby Amnezia88 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:02 am

Same sort of problem here as well.
It's a bit late, so forgive me if i missed anything, but from what i can tell it's the application Salem that is in need of a new valid certificate.

Will try to do the things mentioned above, just thought i let you all know and was wondering if i'd be able to run the game without any major 'securityhazardz'.

The text given ;
'Application blocked by java security'
'For security, applications must now meet the requirments for the High or Very High security settings, or be part of the Exception Site list, to be allowed to run'
'Your security settings have blocked an application signed with an expired or not-yet-valid certicate from running'

Been playing Salem for some time now and haven't had this before.

Thanks for all the info in advance Pilgrims!

:idea: EDIT: Added Salem to the 'exception list'. Running smooth like butter again :)
Nobody is innocent, there are merely varying levels of guilt.
Amnezia88
Customer

Postby Athenian » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:10 pm

ive just started this game and before you know it i had to update java to 8. then the game doesnt load cause of java security.. i dont have the option to lower the security to medium since there is no such option available in java 8. Any help pls? thanks in advance
Athenian

Postby lachlaan » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:33 pm

The user above you gave you the answer , add the game to the exception list. Just go through this thread it has the answer somewhere or another.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby IPY » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:55 pm

I have windows 10...... and updated version of java. It handles the low bit graphics just fine. The only problem I had was allowing the app through java security. I could not use what was posted on the forum such as viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8388&start=20#p167676. I had to use http://game.salemthegame.com. After putting this in the exceptions it worked and let me play. Might want to change or fix that since you cannot get a medium security at all with newer java versions and you have to allow the right address. :D

this exception rule would also help if you post what the address is, not just say allow exceptions

P.S. if they say they still have a problem dont say read above or the guy above gave answer. either say nothing at all or help. stop being retarded. Again the http address they gave and most tried would not allow them to play. some of us need updated java for other programs or games and cant keep old outdated versions like some of you. so all in all.... get it from main website not another game website.... and add http:game.salemthegame.com to the exceptions.
IPY

Postby IPY » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:11 pm

i had to use exception http://game.salemthegame.com. the one posted and stated in this thread did not work. I ny posted here as i see people having this trouble in 2016.
IPY

Postby Kandarim » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:37 pm

weird, because that probably means you are using the default client - that one is signed with the Mortal Moments RSA key, so it shouldn't require a specific exception.
I'll do some testing, but I tend to run the client out of my local source code repository. Always up to date :)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs & Technicalities