Connection refused: connect

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Connection refused: connect

Postby loftar » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:36 pm

tack wrote:The default security level for Java applets and web start applications has been increased from "Medium" to "High".

I don't think that should cause the connect redirection, but please, do try to set the security level back to "Medium" and see if it helps.
loftar

Postby Kandarim » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:38 pm

tack wrote:this maybe

Area: deploy
Synopsis: Default Security Level Setting Changed to High
The default security level for Java applets and web start applications has been increased from "Medium" to "High". This affects the conditions under which unsigned (sandboxed) Java web applications can run. Previously, as long as you had the latest secure Java release installed applets and web start applications would continue to run as always. With the "High" setting the user is always warned before any unsigned application is run to prevent silent exploitation.
tack

this would prevent the client (any of them, they're all unsigned by a third party authority) to run at all without permission, but wouldn't change the behaviour once the program is running: it wouldn't cause the connect error. Of course, there might be extra limitations in place regarding the network connections such applications can make but I doubt it, because network connection permissions are usually handled by the OS.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby tack » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:37 pm

tried it and you where right no change :(

tack
post powered by Dyslexia
tack

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:25 am

I asked this over on the Haven forum (same issue--Java update causing issues with the default client because of a self-signed certificate):

Would adding the Salem certificate to the store in the OS resolve the issue?

Also, not sure if it resolved the issue for anyone, but one of the mods there posted something about settings to check (note it's a German install of Java, but the options listing is identical). http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vie ... 20#p450228 This has worked for some, but a few are still having issues.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby tack » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:59 am

i seem to be ok with the Latikai custom client so my question is what is different between the two clients because this to me seems to be the easy way to hunt the problem which is no doubt oracal induced but i cant see what ever they have done changing in future updates

tack
post powered by Dyslexia
tack

Postby Kandarim » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:39 pm

The difference between the two clients are rife, but I can't think of any obvious ones that would result in the connection refused error (as far as I am aware, both clients use exactly the same protocol). If it was the clients, one should assume that the "official" client would be the one that works, as that's the one loftar is in control of, and he also controls the server protocol.

In my mind, it will most likely be some exotic "feature" of java to prevent malicious code re-use or something like that.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby borka » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:50 pm

loftar wrote:
tack wrote:The default security level for Java applets and web start applications has been increased from "Medium" to "High".

I don't think that should cause the connect redirection, but please, do try to set the security level back to "Medium" and see if it helps.

Salem.jnlp gives connection refused: connect on medium too (besides getting the known manifest warnings ;) )

ran different tests with HnH default clients - Medium has the same issues there

(All seatribe related certificates are stored in OS CA)
borka

Postby Shill » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:35 am

Yeah something is foobar'd somewhere. As of today I have been unable to connect either with the default or Ender's.

Default Client returns:

Auth Check: Okay

Connecting: Connection Refused

Ender's Client returns:

Auth Check: Okay(Invalid Password returns)

Connecting: Could not connect to server

With Regards,

Shill the Thief
Shill

Postby Sluggyguy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:34 pm

So i am trying out the game for the first time today, is it possible to connect in any way?
Sluggyguy

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:44 am

Sluggyguy wrote:So i am trying out the game for the first time today, is it possible to connect in any way?

Follow the suggestions in this thread is the best anyone can suggest. Loftar is looking into how to resolve this on his end.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs & Technicalities