Can't launch game?

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Can't launch game?

Postby Saxen8 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:47 am

Hi all,

Unfortunately I can't launch the game at all. Whenever I try, I get a .txt file created on my desktop, named: hs_err_pid(number).

When I open the document, it starts with:
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6903b212, pid=4792, tid=2644

I guess this is some kind of bug report?

1. What do I do now? I have a Windows 7 64-bit PC.
2. Does the developers want this log? Then where do I send it?

Thanks!
Saxen8

Re: Can't launch game?

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:05 pm

When you get an error and reporting it to the forums, you should post your error logs. Sometimes it's something we can help you with.

Without seeing the error report, I have two guesses: you're Java installation is bad OR you're trying to run the 64 bit client on Java 32. You can check the exact Java version through the Java Control Panel. If it's not x64, reinstall. Here's the help page for making sure you get the x64 version: http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_win64bit.xml
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Saxen8 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:19 pm

Thank you for the reply!

I uninstalled all old Java versions an updated to the newest one, but after that the game won't even create a log-file. Any tips?

Thank you!
Saxen8

Postby MasterD1085 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:38 pm

I know this may sound weird but it's worth a shot. Trying emptying out out your deployment cache in java. I recommend using a program called ccleaner (google it) then under the applications tab check mark all the java options. This may help, it's helped me in the past with flash/java games not running even though they worked earlier in the day.
MasterD1085

Return to Bugs & Technicalities