Random crashes

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Random crashes

Postby Bolillo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:55 am

Yes, the thing is an Intel® Q965/Q963. Back from '06. Maybe i'm forcing too much my luck and shouldn't try to run Salem on that :| . Altough i'll be amazed if someone plays it on something older..

Edit: MagicMan, i can't see that threads because i was never able to register Salem properly to my account :|
It puts more humus in the fields or it gets the hose again
Bolillo

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:52 pm

You're not the only one that has that problem :( Loftar can't either.

Someone did report issues with the Intel 965GM mobile chip and found this site for a third party driver helpful. Specifically mention on the Paradox thread were these two downloads (copy pasted the post so you can read it):

OpenGL 1281 error for GMA 950 (945GM) can be solved by downloading the following driver (Windows Vista/7):

http://www.mediafire.com/?9ed04e4g4j2qgw2

The netbook version, or if the other one didn't work:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4nmy1jowvme

Maybe that will help?

I'm running on an Athlon XP from 2003/04 with 1.5GB RAM and a Radeon HD3600. I've got a second computer here for the kids that's an AMD Athlon 64 w/ 1GB RAM and an nVidea geForce 5200. I will say that I might be lucky and get 15-20 fps out of that, though.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Tonkyhonk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Bolillo wrote:Yes, the thing is an Intel® Q965/Q963.

hey, thats same as mine! just in case, have you already tried updating the drivers from Intel site? or is yours Dell too?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Bolillo » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:31 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:

hey, thats same as mine! just in case, have you already tried updating the drivers from Intel site? or is yours Dell too?

Yep, tried updating from Intel site, didn't work. Updated from Dell, and it installed a more recent version. 7.something.something. And it still didnt' work, i'm trying with the link MagicMan provided. Expect results

Edit: Tried with both links and both pop the same error: System does not meet minimum requirements :| But how can that be?
It puts more humus in the fields or it gets the hose again
Bolillo

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:36 am

Bolillo wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:

Yep, tried updating from Intel site, didn't work. Updated from Dell, and it installed a more recent version. 7.something.something. And it still didnt' work, i'm trying with the link MagicMan provided. Expect results

if that is the case, i think someone else "downgraded" the driver to an older version and it started working better, although he still seemed to have had issues with fire and smoke ingame though. hopefully the alternative you chose works for you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Previous

Return to Bugs & Technicalities