Bear can KO player through village walls - bug or feature?

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Bear can KO player through village walls - bug or feature?

Postby Jacra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:00 am

Bear obviously can instill fear through the village walls and through this KO someone. I stood inside a walled area, the bear started roaring, after a while running into the wall. I thought who cares. :roll:
Suddenly I was in attack mode and had "fear" 30% on me despite being several steps away from the wall. I was walking further away to stop adding fear but within a few steps I was knocked out with my black bile at 0. So it seems bear can through walls attack and their fear debuff decreases your black bile.
Is that intended or a bug? What about houses, they seem instanced, so at least inside a house or mine you are safe?
Jacra

Re: Bear can KO player through village walls - bug or featur

Postby Droj » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:27 am

If no1 else is in the area, run into a house or mine if in combat then exit and tp to boston
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:41 pm

Droj wrote:If no1 else is in the area, run into a house or mine if in combat then exit and tp to boston

Except there's a bug with this (or was... no word if fixed).

Yes, it's intended. Bears have certain attacks that are AE and penetrate walls. Players have similar attacks.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Jacra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:50 pm

Good to know, I thought it is real life like so wall ... let him roar. Any note how far the distance of the AE is? Could be painful if walls don't protect for use in griefing ...
Jacra

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:44 pm

I can't say with the bear attacks. I believe stomp has a range of about 2 tiles. One of the bear's attacks is similar to this, so I would guess about the same range. Maybe someone can enlighten us more?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Return to Bugs & Technicalities