Laaaag

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Laaaag

Postby Jacra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:55 am

I hope I can post this as the forum here seems to be affected at least for me too. But there is really bad lag ingame since around an half hour or so and I keep getting disconnected even sometimes when it freezes. Since a friend experiences the same - it ain't me! ;)
Jacra

Re: Laaaag

Postby painhertz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:04 am

Nope, it's you. Go to bed. You'll feel better in the morning.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:44 am

It's a beta. The devs will tinker with things unannounced in attempts to improve things. I'm not saying this is what the issue is this time, but expect random things like this. If it's persistent, check and make sure things are working properly on your end.

If you can't figure out a problem, don't blame the game unless you know for certain things are working properly. Part of that checking would be checking in public chat or IRC to see if others are having the same issue. In other words, the forums should probably be your last resort for this particular problem. Try to keep this section for issues regarding tech support (say the lag is on your end and you can't figure out what to do) and documenting bugs in the game.

If you are having persistent lag issues that aren't server related, try to describe what the problem is, what sort of system and network your running, as well as any software you might have running that might interfere with computer performance (could be chat, video capture, security, etc.) Hopefully someone can come up with some ideas of what to try to resolve it.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Jacra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:53 am

Magic did you read what I wrote? I already wrote that another member of my village has the same problem. ;) It is gone a short while after posting this though. So what I do is ... I give feedback about the game performance after making sure others experience the same.
Jacra

Postby Droj » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:30 am

Yes laggy spots are happening quite often, best thing to do it to wait it out and go make a brew
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:44 pm

So is it consistent? Have you explained to us exactly what the game is doing? Say "lag" isn't the same thing as saying "I'm rubber banding frequently (at least once per 10 sec interval)." For all we know, you could be on nearly identical computers, playing on the same network.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby RobSyl » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:48 pm

painhertz wrote:Nope, it's you. Go to bed. You'll feel better in the morning.

As always constructive reply from you.

I got lag problem sometimes too but i would say peak hours are at blame.
RobSyl

Postby Jacra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:43 pm

Ok so let me be more precise or put down again in a different way what I wrote before:

1. The time frame was half an hour before I wrote at least (this is when I logged in) to around an hour after my post. Without putting the time down publicly I can't have others give time stamps so not possible to identify. But more I can't do.
2. There were phases of freeze (not rubber-banding) as I wrote already, even disconnects twice for me.
3. My village member is another country so no, not the same network.
3. Both used Enders Client. But as I mentioned: the forum here showed at the peak times the same extremely slow reactions (and other pages not), so I doubt it has anything to do with the PC or client.

If there was a location pattern or such I would have mentioned it.
Better? :D
Jacra

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Jacra wrote:3. Both used Enders Client.

Here's your problem. When you use a third party client, nobody here (devs, Paradox) can be held liable for any performance problems. Try the default client and if you're still having issues, then there's something wrong. The game hanging up and not responding like this are almost always client related from what I can tell.

I like both of the third party clients, but other than the forage radar, neither of them make my game any better. In cases like this, as well as the occasional crashes, they make it worse.
MagicManICT

Postby Jacra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:38 pm

Magic, the forum here had the same problem, incredible slow loading times and errors loading. That is why I posted in the paradox forums first and wrote when attempting here "not sure if it will let me post that but ...".
Which makes me assume (but I can be wrong) that both the server and the website run at connected hardware and whatever happened was not client based. If it had been any better with the forum I'd simply switched the the Seatribe client and tested further.
Jacra

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities