I can't download client - ESET NOD32 blocking

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

I can't download client - ESET NOD32 blocking

Postby hazor90 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:28 pm

Hello.
I can't download client, ESET NOD32 is blocking the download even if i turn it off. Help me, please. :)
hazor90

Re: I can't download client - ESET NOD32 blocking

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:02 pm

You have any other security software on your system? Is there any on your router or network connection? Look up in your manuals about adding exceptions for Java applets.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby unacomn » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:14 am

NOD32 tends to do that, you have to disable it to download and play it, it gets very annoying after a while. I've found no other workaround, it keeps blocking it.
unacomn

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:14 pm

Best I can suggest is configuring your software or replacing it. I really don't want to try to endorse anything as I'm not a security expert and there are plenty of reliable magazines that do yearly reports on such things. (zdnet.com, etc.) As far as configuring it, I've never used NOD, so I'm about as helpless as you are going through manuals.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Return to Bugs & Technicalities