Connection Reset

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Connection Reset

Postby JinxDevona » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:17 pm

Well, today I cannot log in to any client due to a message that says "connection reset." I have also tried on 2 different computers. I have checked and the server seems to be up. I have waited about ten minutes but still getting the same message. If someone could tell me what it means and if there is something I could do, I'd be grateful.
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Re: Connection Reset

Postby dullahx » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi.

Are you using a firewall on theses 2 comps ? if yes try disabling it
If you have any firewall settings on your router, try disabling them too
dullahx

Postby JinxDevona » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:58 pm

To be honest, I'm not sure. Lately I have had to use library computers for internet purposes. I discovered I could play on them and started back up about a week or so ago. I can even use enders. I have not had a problem at all until today. I have played repeatedly on these computers, so I would not think it is the computer. I'm confused because it was working fine, then just today gives me "connection reset" message when I try to login. I just checked again and same message. (I was so happy to discover I could play on these computers...lol, now this)
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Postby staxjax » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 pm

They found out you were using the library computers to play games and blocked connection to the game.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:12 am

Was wondering where you disappeared to....

Sucks though. The local library here will let you do just about anything online as long as it's legal and doesn't fall under the "NSFW" category.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby JinxDevona » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:07 pm

I don't think the library blocked it on purpose if they did at all. They have a teen area of computers as well and they know a lot of kids play these type games. It's about the best library I've ever been in.

And yeah MagicManICT, sadly due to my husband's heart surgery and stuff, we've been going through some hard times. Thank goodness we moved to this place with such a great library. Hopefully, eventually, we'll have our own internet again, but until then I'm glad to be able to use the library's. :)

YES!!! I can log in again today... don't know why it wouldn't work all day yesterday, but it is working today. Thanks for trying to help guys. Can always count on this community. :D
JinxDevona

Postby Tonkyhonk » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:45 pm

hey jinx, wb.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby JinxDevona » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:hey jinx, wb.

Thanks Tonkyhonk. Glad to be back! :D
JinxDevona

Return to Bugs & Technicalities