summoned 17 squares outside three walls

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

summoned 17 squares outside three walls

Postby Darwoth » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:45 am

yeah so was sitting around in boston semi afk eating dinner and listening to some music when suddenly my screen goes black/loading, i am magically standing outside of my walls by 17 squares with two tards hitting me. probably would of killed them both if they had not gotten 2/3 of my hp off while i loaded and took a second to realize what was happening as once i was able to start fighting back the one started hauling ass, but that is what happened and alas my pk alt has been slain.

pretty stupid and needs addressed/hotfixed now, would be nice to recieve a ressurection since the death occured due to blatant cheating but i doubt that will happen, in any case pretty cheesy and not a surprising tactic as if you cant beat em cheat em, pretty sure the gimps responsible figured i would be offline and their tactics would be undiscovered as i had only been on for a few minutes when it occured.

fix it
Darwoth

Re: summoned 17 squares outside three walls

Postby Glennfinnan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:54 am

Guess you need to learn a few things about summoning.

Leantos have a range around them from which you can travel to and from Boston, the same range is also used when it comes to summoning, if it covers area outside the walls, you can be summoned outside the walls.

Not a bug.

Sidenote : This is actually quite funny because you were so confident in one of the Burgesses threads while you made a horrible mistake that somebody apparently used to get his revenge.

Edit : Regarding the scent's location - you can be summoned within a long distance. Summoning person doesn't have to stand right beside you.
Last edited by Glennfinnan on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:06 am, edited 7 times in total.
Glennfinnan

Postby Bait » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:56 am

How were you cheated? I'm going to guess that you were summoned... and then killed. Should learn about mechanics, and then build accordingly? I'd assume you've done some shady stuff, to have been summoned... One would say, "Karma's a...".

Sucks, bro.
Bait

Postby staxjax » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:01 am

It has been this way for a long time...pretty common knowledge.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Darwoth » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:16 am

i have summoned 2 dozen people or more, both next to walls and not.

every single time they have appeared within 2 tiles of their lean to, you can not port to boston from that range either so not sure what you are talking about. if i have missed something and this was not a bug thats fine (hope it is) and i am far less annoyed, however it smells like ***** to me.

thread is not about me and whether or not i am an ******* that your happy was killed etc, nor is it about the character as i have enough cloak and dagger stuff collecting dust it is not an issue. simply is about whether an unintended mechanic/bug exists or not and from my own summoing experience it would appear that is the case.
Darwoth

Postby Glennfinnan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:19 am

Excuse me, but Ive been testing summoning since the patch when it was implemented back in the closed beta and as I said, you can be summoned within leantos range which is ~8 tiles away from it.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... 395057f6c9
Glennfinnan

Postby Bait » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:24 am

I've ported to Boston from 7-8 squares away, every time I've ported to Boston...
Bait

Postby Darwoth » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:31 am

the location i was summoned to was 10 or more squares away, and i am ware you can be summoned from a distance.

unless you are saying that one can summon you by clicking on the ground around your lean to? if so that is news to me.
Darwoth

Postby Bait » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:32 am

You don't need to summon "on" a Leanto. You can, indeed, click the ground around the Leanto.

Welcome to Salem.
Bait

Postby Darwoth » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:37 am

interesting, if thats the case disregard then. was under the impression you had to click on the lean to itself and even that frequently takes 10 or more tries before the dialog comes up.

glad i discovered this quirk now on a relatively trash character in that case, if a dev reads and verifies this is accurate feel free to close/delete the thread and or tell me im full of **** so as to not sully the games reputation.
Darwoth

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities