[Bug\Feature] Learning Ability

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

[Bug\Feature] Learning Ability

Postby APXEOLOG » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Maybe i just understand mechanics of LA wrong but:

If i study chestnut 1st time my LA downed to 70%. Then i study chestnut second time and next chestnut should loose 50%. Then i studied wood chopping and my LA became 70% (for next chopping). After that i studied chestnut one more time and it gives me 70% exp, while it should give only 50%. This chestnut also decreased LA down to 35% like he was processed as 50%'ed.

I hope you understand me.
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Re: [Bug\Feature] Learning Ability

Postby Qukatt » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:32 pm

introducing variety does hike up the learning again for the next item

though there is a thing:

Say i study a chestnut, then a chestnut, then to pump it back up i study a grass whistle.. If i use another chestnut and then a grass whistle to vary again it won't give the bonus boost that the first whistle did :S

I hope that made sense
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug (Sw:tor forums pre-wipe)
Qukatt

Postby APXEOLOG » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:37 pm

Yes but LA decreasing stacks for every single item (as i said LA decreased to 25% even it was 70% before). That confuses me very much
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:29 pm

I've been trying to do some testing on it to see if I can get the rules down. The problem is I haven't settled yet and my proficiencies are still low enough that I can't really do a good test run without massive waste. I have played around with wood choppings and find that with the diminishing returns you can get at max about 3.5x the base value of the item. As soon as I can get a small stockpile of things like crucifixes or tops and other easy to make items, I'm going to play around and write things down so we can see how it all works.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:56 am

The thing is, learning ability doesn't seem to do anything. Does anyone know what it actually does? The PP from each item seems to be on a separate counter and unrelated to LA.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby staxjax » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:26 am

The LA only represents the LP modifier that will be applied if you study another of the particular item you just studied. I don't think it is that hard to understand, but the actual LA showing up on the bottom of the study window is just confusing people so perhaps it should just be removed.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:56 am

No, definitely don't remove it. It's helpful if I do have to spam a few of the same item. Maybe a mouse-over explanation of it, though?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby jorb » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:51 am

MagicManICT wrote:Maybe a mouse-over explanation of it, though?

That would probably be a nice thing.
jorb

Return to Bugs & Technicalities