[Forum--bug] Log in flagging

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

[Forum--bug] Log in flagging

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:49 pm

For some reason, I'm logged into the forum, but appropriate buttons aren't updated. It's not asking me to log in, but instead of "log out" on the buttons, it's just log in. (I also only have the two buttons available when not logged in: "Forum", "Log In".) To note, I had just opened my browser (Firefox 14.0.1) after rebooting my system. If I explicitly log in, everything returns to normal.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Re: [Forum--bug] Log in flagging

Postby TotalyMoo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:27 pm

I get the same thing, trying to figure out as to why it does this.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Re: [Forum--bug] Log in flagging

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:56 pm

It's something server side in the code. My guess without looking at a bit of code--one part recognizes the cookie (or whatever method is used to remember authentication), but some other part isn't seeing the same information.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Return to Bugs & Technicalities