More Patch Notes please

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: More Patch Notes please

Postby sabinati » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:49 pm

if you want patch notes on the client they are here https://github.com/dolda2000/salem-clie ... its/master
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Ass_Kraken » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:11 pm

painhertz wrote:There was an update about 4 hours ago or so. enough to make ender's and BDSaleM stop working.

It was better audio rendering, loftar said in IRC. The farther away from a source of sound you are, the quieter it is though there aren't any new sounds.
Ass_Kraken

Postby Sevenless » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:25 pm

MagicManICT wrote:If something was changed in a way that can make playing harder or requires players to change their methods, it should be noted. If things are added and left for players to find... meh. I like the surprise. That's my philosophy, anyway. If it's something everyone should know about, such as Fishing, definitely bring it up.

What, exactly, wasn't disclosed that's making your gaming experience different or are you just assuming something? As far as I can tell, nobody has reported anything so it could have just been a couple of minor bug fixes or Easter egg additions.

All the forageable mods like massively increasing Devilworts and decreasing singing old logs were never mentioned in any patch notes
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Argost » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:58 am

The sound that I found they added was when Beavers do their twirl move now has a carnival tune that plays. It is fantastic! As for Newb crying about patch notes? When doesn't he cry? I think it is great they don't tell us everything. Keeps a little spice in the game having to actually discover stuff instead of you kids wanting it spoon fed to you. Got out and explore a bit Newb instead of ranting and crying all the time ¦]
Argost

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Argost wrote:The sound that I found they added was when Beavers do their twirl move now has a carnival tune that plays. It is fantastic! As for Newb crying about patch notes? When doesn't he cry? I think it is great they don't tell us everything. Keeps a little spice in the game having to actually discover stuff instead of you kids wanting it spoon fed to you. Got out and explore a bit Newb instead of ranting and crying all the time ¦]

No need for personal attacks, especially not in bugs/tech.

As for patch notes, I agree with both sides to a certain degree. Some things like easter eggs and witchcraft are meant to be "hidden" so we can track how players explore and discover new things.

I've never experienced any game changing patches that might make it difficult to play that haven't been in patch notes, care to give a more specific example Sarpynom?
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Previous

Return to Bugs & Technicalities