More Patch Notes please

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

More Patch Notes please

Postby Sarpynom » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:17 am

It would be nice if we were informed of changes made to the game. Secret patches that change something (especially when it is not completely obvious) can ruin the game for people who were around before said patches.
Sarpynom

Re: More Patch Notes please

Postby Bluestone » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:33 am

Discovering changes is a large barrel of fun!

The mystery that surrounds this game is done well IMO. I like having to figure out whats new each patch.
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby sabinati » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:44 am

Sarpynom wrote:It would be nice if we were informed of changes made to the game. Secret patches that change something (especially when it is not completely obvious) can ruin the game for people who were around before said patches.

what secret patches have there been lately?
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby painhertz » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:51 am

There was an update about 4 hours ago or so. enough to make ender's and BDSaleM stop working.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby Drickles » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:07 am

3 minutes prior to server shutdown a system message popped saying it was an audio update, although i havent "heard" anything new
Drickles

Postby Drickles » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:13 am

Okay, so after sitting in Boston I suppose now you can hear when other people add skills or proficiencies.

YAY FOR BANJO TUNES

BRING BACK THE TRACK THAT WAS PLAYED WHEN YOU WERE IN HOUSES IN HAVEN PLEASE :)
Drickles

Postby staxjax » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:46 am

Sarpynom wrote:It would be nice if we were informed of changes made to the game. Secret patches that change something (especially when it is not completely obvious) can ruin the game for people who were around before said patches.

I dont see how audio updates and bugfixes are going to ruin the game for anybody.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Sarpynom » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:44 pm

staxjax wrote:

I dont see how audio updates and bugfixes are going to ruin the game for anybody.

If you don't see how a secret patch can ruin the game for somebody then this probably doesn't apply to you anyway.
Sarpynom

Postby Sevenless » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:45 pm

I like clarity of what patches are doing, but the devs want players to discover witchcraft on their own anyway so there's no way we can have full disclosure.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:05 pm

If something was changed in a way that can make playing harder or requires players to change their methods, it should be noted. If things are added and left for players to find... meh. I like the surprise. That's my philosophy, anyway. If it's something everyone should know about, such as Fishing, definitely bring it up.

What, exactly, wasn't disclosed that's making your gaming experience different or are you just assuming something? As far as I can tell, nobody has reported anything so it could have just been a couple of minor bug fixes or Easter egg additions.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities