Leanto/ Stake Claim Disappearances.

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Leanto/ Stake Claim Disappearances.

Postby killover » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:55 am

So,
One of our claimed leantos was missing, along with the placed a single box and a troff inside. We have also noticed that some small tree stumps from trees we cut earlier have transformed into some larger old tree stumps.

We have also lost a stake claim immediately.
killover

Re: Leanto/ Stake Claim Disappearances.

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:33 pm

Occasionally with a crash a rollback is required on the database and anything done in the last few minutes to even a day or more can be wiped out with it.

Lean-tos, boxes, and pretty much anything else you build outside decay over time. You should notice them getting a slightly red tint to them when they start decaying. Having a claim protects against this. The item(s) should be fully inside the claim to guarantee protection from decay.

Stumps, if not removed, may turn into the old hollow stumps (can't really know this yet).

As far as the missing claim... see my first statement above about a rollback. It could explain all of it or not. There's been a few issues with this and the only thing I can suggest is for people to keep screenshots with time/date stamps as proof of what's happening. It's hard to fix a bug when you can't point out what the problem is.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Glennfinnan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:49 pm

I would also like to add that if your leanto decayed, the crate/chest inside most likely disappeared as well according to how it works in destroying leanto with items or objects inside.
Glennfinnan

Postby killover » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:37 pm

Alright well thank you guys. Really clears some things up.
killover

Return to Bugs & Technicalities