Auto log of when i start the game

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Auto log of when i start the game

Postby Bokar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi,
I just got a beta key today and played for a few hours without an error. Than i got a dc and now everytime i try to log in again an click on play under my chars name i get a short blink of the hud and then i get screen woth log in and forget me buttons.

Nopw igot this error in java
java.lang.NullPointerException
at haven.HavenPanel.run(HavenPanel.java:405)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Bokar

Re: Auto log of when i start the game

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:41 am

If there is an error such as "already logged in", open up your task manager (or other running process manager depending on OS) and kill the javaw.exe process. This doesn't always exit properly and keeps the connection with the server open once logged in.

Otherwise, the best suggestion for now is to clear your cache in Java. Open the Java settings. Under the "General" tab will be Temporary Internet Settings on the bottom. Open Settings... and click the "Delete files..." button. While you're there, make sure you have enough space allocated for Java to use. I just set mine to max (Asks for 1 GB max under v6).

Seems like I've seen this report a couple of times over the last few months. This may or may not fix it.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Re: Auto log of when i start the game

Postby loftar » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:20 am

Looking at the logs, you're timing out repeatedly, which means that the connection between you and the server is bad for some reason. I don't think there's much I can do about that, unfortunately.
loftar

Return to Bugs & Technicalities