Swimming Toggle has no other effect?

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Swimming Toggle has no other effect?

Postby mmo4gamer » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Is there a reason you can not have the swimming skill active after you learn it? I don't see why we have to toggle it on and off when there doesn't appear to be any negative affects to keeping it on all the time.
mmo4gamer

Re: Swimming Toggle has no other effect?

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:15 pm

Allows you to walk on water, like Jesus did. ^^
jorb

Postby TeckXKnight » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:20 pm

There will assumably be negative effects associated with it in the future.
TeckXKnight

Postby Zou » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Oh please. The jesus-effect was clearly intended the entire time.
Holy Oddipriest of the Oddgod | And so the Oddgod's Master Plan was revealed. Quiver in your chairs!
Zou

Postby milonti » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:40 pm

As anyone from HnH will tell you, swimming used to be horribly unsafe at lower levels. If theres eventually some sort of drain (and risk of drowning) associated with it, you'll be glad there is a toggle.
milonti

Postby Qukatt » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:44 pm

I assume they'll put the risk in when they add the boats in for seamanship skill

Edit:

I hope it's a toggle for as long as it takes for me to walk across any water between me and my new home ;) preferably on a good sized island in a large lake XD
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug (Sw:tor forums pre-wipe)
Qukatt

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:48 am

milonti wrote:As anyone from HnH will tell you, swimming used to be horribly unsafe at lower levels. If theres eventually some sort of drain (and risk of drowning) associated with it, you'll be glad there is a toggle.

Oh please, horribly unsafe? A two month old character was I when I decided to first swim a river with 50 con. Holy **** I was on the edge of my seat screaming as I made it to shore with my last 5% of stamina.

Do note for the non-HnHers, drowning was permadeath in that game.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby EnderWiggin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:28 am

Sevenless wrote:Oh please, horribly unsafe? A two month old character was I when I decided to first swim a river with 50 con. Holy **** I was on the edge of my seat screaming as I made it to shore with my last 5% of stamina.
You was lucky it was clearly not w3 - you would have drowned half way through river with 50con back then.
EnderWiggin

Return to Bugs & Technicalities