My account appears to be broken.

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

My account appears to be broken.

Postby colonelkadaffy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Hello. Got the beta key a while back, made an account, could't play due to work for ages. I've tried to log on today (yes i know the world has been reset, yes i've transferred my account as far as I can tell) and after several attempts using every password to my knowledge I could have used I've had a string of invalid login details username/password incorrect. Obviously my username is correct and thus my problem lies in the password.

I heard some talk of a password reset feature on the paradox forums, but I can't seem to find it. Either way if I could get my details or get them reset and sent to my email account I'd be extremely grateful.
Last edited by colonelkadaffy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
colonelkadaffy

Re: Cannot log in, something wrong with password.

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:49 pm

Shouldn't your ingame password be the same password that you use for these forums...? I haven't done the login process in a bit but that's my understanding.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby colonelkadaffy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Sevenless wrote:Shouldn't your ingame password be the same password that you use for these forums...? I haven't done the login process in a bit but that's my understanding.

This has lead to significant confusion on my part as well. Suffice to say i've tried this many times now. What's perhaps most interesting is that it does accept this password in the "Change password" section of the account tab in the top left bar of this forum.

I've even tried copy-pasting both my username and password directly from said account's tab to no avail.
colonelkadaffy

Postby colonelkadaffy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:48 pm

I've now tried changing the password several times via the account tab. Still getting the 'username or password incorrect' error message.

I can only conclude then, something gone quite badly wrong with my account.
colonelkadaffy

Re: My account appears to be broken.

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:37 pm

Did you directly download enders?

Try logging in with the "vanilla" client first found in the account section. There are some login issues with that iirc. You also need to have the HnH Account type selected in enders to get it to function.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby colonelkadaffy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:07 am

Sevenless wrote:Did you directly download enders?

Try logging in with the "vanilla" client first found in the account section. There are some login issues with that iirc.

I've tried both. Same message. I've also tried the vanilla on two separate computers.
You also need to have the HnH Account type selected in enders to get it to function.

I don't understand, could you explain more?
colonelkadaffy

Postby sabinati » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:13 am

colonelkadaffy wrote:
You also need to have the HnH Account type selected in enders to get it to function.

That is not part of ender's client anymore, all accounts are based on the new account server.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby colonelkadaffy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:21 am

sabinati wrote:
colonelkadaffy wrote:

That is not part of ender's client anymore, all accounts are based on the new account server.

Ok well, never mind about that then.

For the sake of argument, what if this problem is not client side?
colonelkadaffy

Postby loftar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:33 am

The game passwords and forum passwords are certainly the same, and I can see in the logs that you're succeeding in logging in to the forums but not to the game, which seems quite weird. Are you *sure* you're just not typing it wrong, somehow? :)

Are you using a password with some kind of weird characters or something? Not that it should matter, but if so, can you try changing it to something less weird and see if that makes it work?
loftar

Postby loftar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:34 am

Ah, no, don't mind my previous post. Looking over the logs again, I see that you are indeed using a client that's trying to use the old Paradox Connect authentication method. Use the one linked to from the Account page instead.
loftar

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities