Can't become mayor of my town bell.

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Can't become mayor of my town bell.

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:51 pm

Sarpynom wrote:I would like a dev to reply to this plz.

You've yet to even give a dev the information required to answer your question: Did you abandon all citizenship of the first bell? Drop mayorship AND rights to being a villager? If you're still a member of the original village bell, then no the second bell won't let you claim mayorship because you're already in a village. If you did drop membership though, different story and this is a bug.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:15 pm

I gave him the same reply in the very first post, Sevenless: town mayorship is currently bugged up some.

Sarpynom: the devs are extremely busy. You might be waiting here a month on this. They might already know what the fix is and not need any more information. I explained why it happened, and now Sevenless has pretty much pointed it out.

I'm not sure it's in the bug tracker yet (I didn't see it on a quick search). If nothing else,this is a bug on it's own. A person shouldn't be able to build a second town if currently a mayor or member of a town, OR if the player is allowed to do so, then that player is removed from any roles of the previous town when the new one is built.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sarpynom » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:05 pm

Sevenless wrote:
Sarpynom wrote:I would like a dev to reply to this plz.

You've yet to even give a dev the information required to answer your question: Did you abandon all citizenship of the first bell? Drop mayorship AND rights to being a villager? If you're still a member of the original village bell, then no the second bell won't let you claim mayorship because you're already in a village. If you did drop membership though, different story and this is a bug.

Read my original post.
Sarpynom

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Sarpynom wrote:Read my original post.

read all the replies youve got from others.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby loftar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:21 pm

Sarpynom wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Did you abandon all citizenship of the first bell? Drop mayorship AND rights to being a villager? If you're still a member of the original village bell, then no the second bell won't let you claim mayorship because you're already in a village.

Read my original post.

Your original post doesn't actually answer that, though. :)
loftar

Previous

Return to Bugs & Technicalities