crash after "connecting".

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

crash after "connecting".

Postby sefer » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:57 pm

hey, managed to get my hands on a key, but I am having a problem and was hoping maybe you guys knew what was wrong. This problem also happened when I tried to play haven and hearth. You guys are my last resort, I have taken this problem to every outside source I could, and no one knows what is wrong. When logging in, I get past authenticating, but crash when it says connecting, with this error.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: Cannot bind
at haven.Session.<init>(Session.java:776)
at haven.Bootstrap.run(Bootstrap.java:172)
at haven.MainFrame.run(MainFrame.java:280)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: Cannot bind
at java.net.DualStackPlainDatagramSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
at java.net.DualStackPlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind0(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source)
at java.net.DatagramSocket.bind(Unknown Source)
at java.net.DatagramSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at haven.Session.<init>(Session.java:774)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have tested many things, and have come to the conclusion that something on my machine is causing this, something default that came with the machine, its pre built. With the firewall off, all ports fully open in dmz, all anti-viruses uninstalled, even tried reinstalling the whole system back to how it originally came.. Nothing fixes it, tested with other computers in the house and they work, so its something wrong with my computer. I have come to the conclusion that I will have to buy a new computer, but it would be much cheaper if I knew what parts are causing this so I can just replace those instead of spending a fortune on new everything. Heres what I know:
This error is given to me on salem, and your game haven and hearth. The error is also given to me on anything requiring java to bind to ports, such as hosting a minecraft server. Port checker websites list all my ports as being blocked, all of them. There is no virus, I completely wiped my computer, meaning its something factory built that is causing this conflict.
----> Here are my specs:<-----
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
System Model BK424AA-ABA HPE-257c
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 5570
----------------------------------------------
No one I have asked has any idea what could be conflicting.. So I finally turn to you guys that made the game, in hopes that you can see something wrong that no one else seems to be able to. Also note, I do not have triple buffering on, and it is the latest graphic driver update.
sefer

Re: crash after "connecting".

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:37 pm

Have you checked the Windows security settings and disabled/uninstalled any of the default software? Sometimes a fresh install of Windows (not one that came pre-loaded on the computer) resolves some of these things. (I hate working on HP and Dell computers the most.)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby sefer » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:02 pm

um.. Windows security settings? I don't mean to sound a bit thick but, what is that? Lol.
sefer

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:16 pm

I'm not even going to try to explain it because I will fail horribly. I can work on computers at hand, but I'm really bad about doing these things remotely. (I also have minimal experience with Vista and Win7.)

The short of it: Windows has several built in security features you have to manually change. Others have to be turned on by the user and often are by PC manufacturers on pre-installed systems. It really would take a book to explain it all and how each setting is used. Odds are there's something configured in Windows that's blocking you. As a note, I believe the Java Web Start (the program Salem uses to start and stay updated) does filter through some of the browser settings, too, so that could be causing problems. Depending on opinion, some of these are good security systems that can stand alone, others aren't so good and really need 3rd party software (such as firewalls and anti-virus apps).

If you're interested in this kind of thing, it's good to read up on and become better informed. If not, it's good to at least know something about it so you're a bit more aware of the dangers out there and how they are generally avoided or blocked.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby sefer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:55 pm

bought a new computer... solved >.>
sefer

Return to Bugs & Technicalities