FRAPS Crash on Mouse Click

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

FRAPS Crash on Mouse Click

Postby DurMan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:07 am

At this point this error may well be intentional, but clicking on anything it the game, whether to move or to interact, while FRAPS is recording causes the game to crash.
DurMan

Re: FRAPS Crash on Mouse Click

Postby alloin » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:14 pm

DurMan wrote:At this point this error may well be intentional, but clicking on anything it the game, whether to move or to interact, while FRAPS is recording causes the game to crash.

I can fraps just fine without problems
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:39 pm

When I saw this last night, I figured people were. I know people use FRAPS with Java applets all the time. I'm not very familiar with the program so I can only give you a few thoughts:

RAM--how much do you have? Are you using too much of what's available and Java is crashing? Post error reports and someone might be able to explain them. Make sure to include amount of RAM you have and OS.
Overheating--If you're overclocked or just don't have adequate cooling, you'll get crashes a plenty. Putting the same subsystems to task should cause crashes, too, be it RAM, drive controllers, processor, etc. Find another 3D Java game (such as Minecraft) and try to FRAPS it. What happens?
System configuration--Could be an out of date driver. It's good to check these regularly.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby DurMan » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:16 am

MagicManICT wrote:RAM--how much do you have? Are you using too much of what's available and Java is crashing? Post error reports and someone might be able to explain them. Make sure to include amount of RAM you have and OS.
Overheating--If you're overclocked or just don't have adequate cooling, you'll get crashes a plenty. Putting the same subsystems to task should cause crashes, too, be it RAM, drive controllers, processor, etc. Find another 3D Java game (such as Minecraft) and try to FRAPS it. What happens?
System configuration--Could be an out of date driver. It's good to check these regularly.

I'm running Windows 7 Ult x64, have 12 gigs of RAM, and a Nvidia 670 gfx card. There is no reason for my system to have even the slightest trouble running this.

I am getting the same error after downloading the latest version of Java. Attached below is the error details. Again this occurs when I have FRAPS recording and I click the mouse. I tried recording Minecraft (also a Java-based game) and had no problems.

Code: Select all
javax.media.opengl.GLException: haven.GOut$GLException: GL Error: 1282 (invalid operation)
   at javax.media.opengl.Threading.invokeOnOpenGLThread(Threading.java:271)
   at javax.media.opengl.GLCanvas.maybeDoSingleThreadedWorkaround(GLCanvas.java:410)
   at javax.media.opengl.GLCanvas.display(GLCanvas.java:244)
   at haven.HavenPanel.uglyjoglhack(HavenPanel.java:380)
   at haven.HavenPanel.run(HavenPanel.java:414)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: haven.GOut$GLException: GL Error: 1282 (invalid operation)
   at haven.GOut.checkerr(GOut.java:84)
   at haven.GOut.checkerr(GOut.java:88)
   at haven.GOut.getpixel(GOut.java:328)
   at haven.MapView$Clicklist.get(MapView.java:427)
   at haven.MapView.checkmapclick(MapView.java:474)
   at haven.MapView.access$900(MapView.java:37)
   at haven.MapView$Hittest.run(MapView.java:774)
   at haven.MapView.undelay(MapView.java:548)
   at haven.MapView.draw(MapView.java:646)
   at haven.Widget.draw(Widget.java:454)
   at haven.Widget.draw(Widget.java:459)
   at haven.GameUI.draw(GameUI.java:310)
   at haven.Widget.draw(Widget.java:454)
   at haven.Widget.draw(Widget.java:459)
   at haven.RootWidget.draw(RootWidget.java:61)
   at haven.UI.draw(UI.java:134)
   at haven.HavenPanel.redraw(HavenPanel.java:268)
   at haven.HavenPanel$1.display(HavenPanel.java:88)
   at com.sun.opengl.impl.GLDrawableHelper.display(GLDrawableHelper.java:78)
   at javax.media.opengl.GLCanvas$DisplayAction.run(GLCanvas.java:435)
   at com.sun.opengl.impl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGL(GLDrawableHelper.java:194)
   at javax.media.opengl.GLCanvas$DisplayOnEventDispatchThreadAction.run(GLCanvas.java:452)
   at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
DurMan

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:28 am

Looking up the error code information, and looks like it's a driver implementation conflicting with how the client is attempting to make certain rendering calls. I really don't know the technical details of FRAPS (think I looked into it at one time, but that was a while ago), so it's possible that the conflict is in how the software hooks into the video driver. It doesn't crash at all when you're not running FRAPS? Can you use any other video capture successfully?

First search result on Google: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6816 ... -glendlist
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby DurMan » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:33 am

MagicManICT wrote:It doesn't crash at all when you're not running FRAPS? Can you use any other video capture successfully?

As I said it only crashes when FRAPS is recording. I can have it open and the game will still run.

I tried a screen capture program and it let me record, but FRAPS would be much nicer (if it'd work).
DurMan

Return to Bugs & Technicalities