Stuffed Turkey Needs to be cooked in a Bread Oven

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Stuffed Turkey Needs to be cooked in a Bread Oven

Postby Bluestone » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:05 am

No idea, havent got around to building one since the wipe lol.

Pretty sure its Bread Oven in the build menu.
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:52 am

if im correct, stuffing (stuffed turkeys, stuffed peppers), roasting (rotisseries, kebabs) and smoking (smoked fish, hams) are different cooking methods. some can be combined, but they all give different tastes and looks and all.
*notes* recent ovens have different functions to bake, grill, roast, with fan, even do rotisseries, but im not sure if the ovens at colonial days could do them all easily. no thermostats, no gas...you know.

i may be wrong but....(mind you, ive never learnt cooking in english, so im rather scared :p)
when roasting, the surface of the meat needs to be burnt a bit by direct fire (or by high temp) for the nice smell and brownish colour, but the center of the meat can be red too.
on the other hand, i believe that stuffing must be heated evenly and you must be careful to cook the inside well too both for the taste and for safety. open fire is not good for this food because the surface would be overcooked by the time the heat reaches the stuffing part inside.
nomads such as mongolians, who do not "carry" ovens, put heated hot stones inside the meat when roasting marmots in order to cook well with open fire for safety.

anyways, stuffing belongs to "baking" category, and id assume any "baked" food will be cooked in an oven. Casseroles, Gratins, Lasagne and all use ovens.

as for the stove slots, i see no issues.
seen these types of stoves in anime, based on old european children stories.
Stove sm.JPG
Stove sm.JPG (33.96 KiB) Viewed 2962 times

well, it looks more like a fireplace than a stove, though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:47 pm

Attachments
220px-Ijzeren_kookpot.jpg
220px-Ijzeren_kookpot.jpg (13.96 KiB) Viewed 2958 times
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Bluestone » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:30 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baking

Does mention stuffed meats as requiring baking so cooking them in the oven seems fine. Just it being called a bread oven still irks me :P
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby Qukatt » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:47 am

pilgrims would have wood burning stoves which heat from below so I don't really see the confusion?
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug (Sw:tor forums pre-wipe)
Qukatt

Previous

Return to Bugs & Technicalities