Virus?

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Virus?

Postby ThePured » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:04 am

When trying to use any client, Custom or Original clients, My computer gives me an error with java saying that my Anti-virus found this program as a threat and will not let me to open it.

I can't give error reports right now cause the anti-virus decided to delete all of clients and now i'm out of my house, I will post them when i get back.
jorb wrote:Oh not this **** again. I'm going to make it so that animals turn into fire breathing ***** dragons every time they come into base contact with a ***** signpost. Graaaah!
ThePured

Re: Virus?

Postby McWafflez » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Uninstall your anti-virus because it sucks (norton lol?)
Two words: Spinning Tops
McWafflez

Postby ThePured » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:11 pm

McWafflez wrote:Uninstall your anti-virus because it sucks (norton lol?)

ESET NOD32.
Here are the errors, There's alot...
Before i post, When i start salem (Normal Client) it gives me nothing but Application Error and saying "Unable To Launch The Application".
Any other client gives me a detailed error, 4 for each client, Should i post all of them here?
jorb wrote:Oh not this **** again. I'm going to make it so that animals turn into fire breathing ***** dragons every time they come into base contact with a ***** signpost. Graaaah!
ThePured

Postby dwhiteml5 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:44 pm

Got the same eror since the last virus database update from NOD32.
I just disable it when i play.
dwhiteml5

Postby AmelorCo » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:02 pm

Same, NOD also blocking the http://plymouth.seatribe.se/ as "potentially harmful content"
AmelorCo

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Just make sure to put Salem on the exceptions list if you can. Some virus scanners are finicky about what you can and can't make exceptions for.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby ThePured » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:58 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Just make sure to put Salem on the exceptions list if you can. Some virus scanners are finicky about what you can and can't make exceptions for.

It won't work :/ But i guess i'll just try and turn it off. Thanks alot.
ThePured

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 pm

If it was me, I'd be finding a different virus scanner... doing a bit of browsing and seems there's been consistent problems with Java.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Bluestone » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:27 am

Personally I use Microsoft Security Essentials. Its free (and ad-free), functions great and has given me no complaints so far at all.
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby sabinati » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:58 am

inb4 loftar argues against av programs
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Return to Bugs & Technicalities