Infinite Death in the Darkness

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Infinite Death in the Darkness

Postby Gmugra » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:23 pm

We are building city relative deep in darkness. Actually we did already.
Sure, everybody remember that in darkness you will die if any one of your liquids came to zero.
And after you death you will teleport to your Lean-to, which in our case also in darkness. Because we are living there, you know :)
And... die again. Because it is darkness and you blood (for example) is 0. And again. And again. Endless death loop.
Only one existing way to avoid it at the moment is to be fast and use several seconds between die for teleport to Boston and eat something there.

It is ridiculous. And annoying. Please fix it some how.
Gmugra

Re: Infinite Death in the Darkness

Postby Droj » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Can you build a leanto inside a farmhouse, have you tried?
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:42 pm

i dont think it needs a fix since its intentional, iirc.
if you think its ridiculous, dont build your leanto in there untill you have your stats high enough.

Droj wrote:Can you build a leanto inside a farmhouse, have you tried?

not any more, i believe. i think devs fixed it a while ago if im not mistaken. (which i often am :oops: )
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:31 pm

For assistance to the new players, remember that death is permanent and your character is gone. Everything else is just knocked out, and you'll get to go back home and dust yourself off.

@Tonky: I thought so, too. I am thinking the first month of beta testing.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby sabinati » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:05 pm

pro tip: you aren't supposed to live in the darkness
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby ShadowAtlan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:26 pm

sabinati wrote:pro tip: you aren't supposed to live in the darkness

Pfft. If you weren't supposed to live in the Darkness, why did they make it so beautiful?
I mean, look at this *****' waterfall.
Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science.
ShadowAtlan

Postby loftar » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:32 pm

Gmugra wrote:And after you death you will teleport to your Lean-to, which in our case also in darkness. [...] And... die again. Because it is darkness and you blood (for example) is 0. And again. And again. Endless death loop.

That's not entirely true, though. You have a few seconds to teleport to Boston before you faint again.

Gmugra wrote:It is ridiculous. And annoying. Please fix it some how.

It's easily fixed: Don't live in areas that are too dangerous for you. :)

You can live in the darkness. You just need more humours than you have. And if anything, the fix is supposed to become the churches you'll be able to build to raise the civilization in the area.
loftar

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:57 pm

ShadowAtlan wrote:
sabinati wrote:pro tip: you aren't supposed to live in the darkness

Pfft. If you weren't supposed to live in the Darkness, why did they make it so beautiful?

because our devs love to see us cry.

loftar wrote:if anything, the fix is supposed to become the churches you'll be able to build to raise the civilization in the area.

¦] *chuckles*
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:24 pm

loftar wrote:
Gmugra wrote:And after you death you will teleport to your Lean-to, which in our case also in darkness. [...] And... die again. Because it is darkness and you blood (for example) is 0. And again. And again. Endless death loop.

That's not entirely true, though. You have a few seconds to teleport to Boston before you faint again.

Gmugra wrote:It is ridiculous. And annoying. Please fix it some how.

It's easily fixed: Don't live in areas that are too dangerous for you. :)

You can live in the darkness. You just need more humours than you have. And if anything, the fix is supposed to become the churches you'll be able to build to raise the civilization in the area.

If you've got time to TP to boston then there's nothing that needs fixing. Pre-Com Beta there wasn't when it was Vclaim claim KO'ing you at your leanto though. That happened back with the stolen Vclaim mess last world where we didn't own the Vclaim the Pclaim was on. It does have ramifications for characters living on a claim that has been overtaken by a village though.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby ShadowAtlan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:37 pm

About the churches. By raise the civilization in the area I hope you mean immediate area, and not like, some jerks build a few churches within my general supergrid and suddenly my wonderful dark fortress is now home to innocent wildlife and boring, non-murderific spawns. That would be terrible. If the place I'm living at isn't actively trying to kill me, it just.. doesn't feel like home.
Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science.
ShadowAtlan

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities