Items unlocking before ingredients can be made skill wise

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Items unlocking before ingredients can be made skill wis

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Glennfinnan wrote:I hardly doubt that you need the how-to-construct a loom knowledge to be able to craft a rope if you do know how to do it.
In real life theres a lot of items, tools which we use daily, but we do not know how to construct them.
Hopefully this is clear enough

Agreed Glen, however having weaving as a requirement might make more sense. Pulleys and Leavers = build loom, weaving = use loom.

As for pies, baking seems like a logical requirement to make pie, but it unlocks with simple cooking right now.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Vigilance » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:09 pm

breaded fish filets require flour iirc, and they unlock fairly early. I don't have baking yet, I can't even grind cereal to flour. I still have a few recipes in my baking menu that are absurd, too.
Suffragium wrote:I love sausages.
Vigilance

Postby ShadowTani » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Vigilance wrote:breaded fish filets require flour iirc, and they unlock fairly early. I don't have baking yet, I can't even grind cereal to flour. I still have a few recipes in my baking menu that are absurd, too.

But if someone else got you flour or you purchased it from some players you would be able to make them so I think that validates the availability of the recipe. :3
ShadowTani

Postby Ketu » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:18 pm

jorb wrote:Will fix the pies and the rope.

I thought you were doing this intentionally for certain items for some reasons mentioned above and to push characters to develop certain basic proficiencies.
Ketu

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:47 am

Ketu wrote:
jorb wrote:Will fix the pies and the rope.

I thought you were doing this intentionally for certain items for some reasons mentioned above and to push characters to develop certain basic proficiencies.

Although that's one interpretation, I think the thought that they unlock "too early" is more accurate with how Jorb and Loftar work. In haven you couldn't do anything without "discovering" the ingredients first. It also makes for a really... broken(?) hermitting experience when you get all these recipes you can't make the pre-requisites for.

Presumably I'm on the right track if Jorb got things changed, but I guess we should have an actual discussion on the matter in the ideas section to hammer out how most players feel and what the devs think.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Previous

Return to Bugs & Technicalities