Can't see any stalls

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: Can't see any stalls

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Keyalha wrote:Im happy if anyone still has ideas as i wanted to test out the game im just barking mad now that again loftar decided to use the most unreliable programming language that is out there.[/quote

Direct X might not be the best of the best but since java cant work with it LWGL is the only thing and the implementation seems overly sloppy from my point of view.

Edit3: Installed JRE7 ( was still using 6 ) still blackscreen as soon as i start the client.

My only other suggestion was to try to clean the Java install out of your system and reinstall it. Sorry to hear things can't get working for you. I really am beyond ideas other than really trying to tweak various settings.

For what it's worth, I'm of the opinion that DirectX is the best of the game development APIs out there. (XBox is based around it, the most popular console on the market.) However, you only have a couple of other options. LWJGL (assuming this is what you meant) is just an OpenGL rendering engine and an implementation of OpenAL (audio version of OpenGL), and is, from my experience, pretty well developed, at least the games designed on it function well. For a team of two wanting to build a cross-platform MMO, what other programming options are there that are as good as Java?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Keyalha » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:07 pm

Well i simply would say why the heck does Salem need cross platform compatibility?
Linux? for gods sake linux and games if they work even native they dont work all to well at all, even if you consider it less than 0,5% of mmo gamers are using linux.

Mac? how many mac users does an average mmo has? roughly 1,5% if it has a mac port that is.

Where i get the numbers? Official numbers of Os splittings from the 100 biggest mmos as of 1st of january 2012.
This includes roughly 80 million accounts so the numbers are pretty solid to me.

I just dont get it why to make that a strong point and sacrificing a proper implementation just for the sake of beeing cross plattformable.

in terms of consoles there are tons of really good devlopment resources and engines out there that use proper languages like c++ or c#.

I think the problem with coding native in java is that you have more rescaling issues on the hardware site simply because you dont have any common ground that is worth calling it. In retrospect since the time of unity or even unreal3d beeing quite cheap it fits even in a low budget company, and you have cross platform compatiblity.

As for java i already did that i think i even mentioned that earlier in the thread if not i just did now :)
Keyalha

Postby Ass_Kraken » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:15 pm

JAVA
Ass_Kraken

Postby dwhiteml5 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:15 pm

Proper language C# LOL
dwhiteml5

Previous

Return to Bugs & Technicalities