Madness lvl - incorrectly refreshed (latikai)

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Madness lvl - incorrectly refreshed (latikai)

Postby Freedoom » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:51 pm

Im not sure If It has to be here this thread.

I installed 2 or 3 days ago, again, salem + latikai, all ok, but today I have seen that the madness lvl is displayed incorrectly. I know I have lvl 2 of madness, but if i re-log in It appears as lvl 1 and It changes to 2 only when I play the trumpet xd. I suppose the bug is in latikai...althought a custom client is a modification on the oficial client, so...Idk, something is wrong there.
Freedoom
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:31 am

Re: Madness lvl - incorrectly refreshed (latikai)

Postby Kandarim » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:06 pm

after you log in, it takes until anything updates your madness or insanity count to show the correct madness level (the trumpet lowers insanity, so that forces a madness update). This is the same in the default client (although be aware that my client starts counting at 1 rather than 0; I just like the imagery that everyone is at least somewhat mad, and that you die at 'X')
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
User avatar
Kandarim
Customer
 
Posts: 5302
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Re: Madness lvl - incorrectly refreshed (latikai)

Postby Freedoom » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:15 am

Yes, but here is spending too much time for updating the madness lvl, if I dont play the trumpet the madness lvl is not updated in any moment.

Edit: Gonna to check it again, I have seen what you say about he needs a time, however that is not happening here, there is not update.
Freedoom
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:31 am

Re: Madness lvl - incorrectly refreshed (latikai)

Postby Freedoom » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:20 am

Nothing, checked again, I'm logged in now. The madness lvl is not updated while im walking around the forests in any moment. Any message in System chat neither.
Freedoom
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:31 am

Re: Madness lvl - incorrectly refreshed (latikai)

Postby Freedoom » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:22 am

I have travelled to Prov, still zero updates.
Freedoom
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:31 am

Re: Madness lvl - incorrectly refreshed (latikai)

Postby Taipion » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:54 am

Just what Kandarim said.

1.) The server INTENTIONALLY does not tell you all the time what madness lvl you have, it usually gets updated after you wake up from sleeping though

2.) Any active change of your current insanity or madness lvl (study things, play trumpet, scalp people,...) updates it


Therefore, if you were sleeping (your char, I mean) and you wake up upon login in, you will usually get an update and a correct madness lvl display within 10 or so seconds,
only if you char was already online (like, forced online on a claim without rights) you would not get an update and therefore not know your madness lvl upon login.

And ofc in your case if you relog without proper logging out the char, then upon logging in again you have no correct madness lvl displayed.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2112
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Madness lvl - incorrectly refreshed (latikai)

Postby Freedoom » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:02 am

Taipion wrote:Just what Kandarim said.

1.) The server INTENTIONALLY does not tell you all the time what madness lvl you have, it usually gets updated after you wake up from sleeping though

2.) Any active change of your current insanity or madness lvl (study things, play trumpet, scalp people,...) updates it


Therefore, if you were sleeping (your char, I mean) and you wake up upon login in, you will usually get an update and a correct madness lvl display within 10 or so seconds,
only if you char was already online (like, forced online on a claim without rights) you would not get an update and therefore not know your madness lvl upon login.

And ofc in your case if you relog without proper logging out the char, then upon logging in again you have no correct madness lvl displayed.


Yeah! I know. That is not happening how you say, that is the problem.
Freedoom
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:31 am

Re: Madness lvl - incorrectly refreshed (latikai)

Postby Kandarim » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:25 am

it is. None of the things you mentioned doing change the madness or insanity level.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
User avatar
Kandarim
Customer
 
Posts: 5302
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Re: Madness lvl - incorrectly refreshed (latikai)

Postby Zapt13 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:43 am

Freedom, Can you tell us how and roughly where you log out? Do you just close the client with the red "X" in the corner, or do you use the in-client menu system to "log out", or do you "sleep" in a bed? When you stop playing, do you do so on your own claim, in the wilderness, on someone else's claim, in Providence?

Log in and study a wood chopping, see if the result is the same as playing the trumpet.
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:41 am

Re: Madness lvl - incorrectly refreshed (latikai)

Postby Kandarim » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:43 pm

Zapt13 wrote:Log in and study a wood chopping, see if the result is the same as playing the trumpet.


it should be, studying anything slightly reduces insanity (with some notable exceptions such as bloodshards, but all of them affect insanity)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
User avatar
Kandarim
Customer
 
Posts: 5302
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest