Fence hitbox vs. animal droppings

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Fence hitbox vs. animal droppings

Postby elidmw » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:40 am

Split-rail (and stone hedge) and animals have such hitboxes which allow baby animals to come very close to the wall and drop their manure close to the fence hitbox. However, I can only pick up something at least half a tile away from the hitbox. Is it possible to adjust drop location to be in player pick up zone?
elidmw

Re: Fence hitbox vs. animal droppings

Postby Lusewing » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:29 pm

Animals are not really set up for living outside of the barn - the barn fence is not too bad hitbox wise
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby elidmw » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:00 pm

Lusewing wrote:Animals are not really set up for living outside of the barn - the barn fence is not too bad hitbox wise

That's true, I don't have high hopes about fixing this moment.

However, current big barn is a bad decision for a solo casual - too easy to grow more that you can handle on your own. Could be nice to have a small barn though...
elidmw

Postby Lusewing » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:25 pm

Personally I like the idea of having buildings that give off a 'radius of protection' Like a pigsty or cow shed, each letting animals of that type haveing an improved protection against sickness when they are close by. But that is an idea rather then a bug fix.

The issue with items spawning or falling within the hitbox of fences or other buildings is soemthing that has been a problem for a while, but I don't think there is an easy fix. I have seen some people use crates around their fencing so that when poo falls it will never be out of reach if you just move the crate.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby elidmw » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:50 pm

Lusewing wrote:Personally I like the idea of having buildings that give off a 'radius of protection' Like a pigsty or cow shed, each letting animals of that type haveing an improved protection against sickness when they are close by. But that is an idea rather then a bug fix.

The issue with items spawning or falling within the hitbox of fences or other buildings is soemthing that has been a problem for a while, but I don't think there is an easy fix. I have seen some people use crates around their fencing so that when poo falls it will never be out of reach if you just move the crate.

That's a nice suggestion, thank you!
elidmw

Return to Bugs & Technicalities