Salvage fences

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Salvage fences

Postby catote2 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:40 pm

A few weeks ago, I salvaged a fence (makeshift) one tile at the time. Took very long time.
Today I salvaged one tile of a fence (makeshift), and the entire side was removed (15 tiles). Efficient, but what if it shouldn't done that way?
Then I salvaged one tile of another fence (stone hedge) and adjacent tiles were damaged down to 25%.
Now I don't dare touch my fences any longer, for not knowing whats going on. Like suddenly my entire main fence is removed just because I salvage one section to upgrade it from wall to cornerpost...

Looks like a bug?
catote2

Re: Salvage fences

Postby Lusewing » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Not a bug.

Fences suffer 'splash damage' when one section is removed (more when a cornor post is removed). This is to aid raiders.
New fences, that have only been built in the last week or so, suffer no splash damage. This is to help builders correct mistakes they have made.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby catote2 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:57 pm

I'm not so concerned about splash damage. That's manageable. I'm concerned about an entire section being removed when I just want to recover 1 tile.
I recovered 1 tile of makeshift, and the game removed 15 tiles of makeshift.
catote2

Postby grapefruitv » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:10 pm

Maketshift fences have low hp, so when splash damage occurs on them, it can destroy a whole fence with it tile by tile without giving you a chance to repair.
grapefruitv

Postby Nsuidara » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:23 pm

Lusewing wrote:Not a bug.

Fences suffer 'splash damage' when one section is removed (more when a cornor post is removed). This is to aid raiders.
New fences, that have only been built in the last week or so, suffer no splash damage. This is to help builders correct mistakes they have made.

It's bug with salvage... JC said about this...

He not wanna fix that because he wanna better focus about new type walls where we will upgrade walls etc.

btw. about remove makeshift with splashdamage... i was 100 tile walls.. and all gone :D
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:23 pm

Nsuidara wrote:It's bug with salvage... JC said about this...

not a bug. Grape is, as always, accurate. Makeshift just get wiped out due to low HP.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nsuidara » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:37 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Nsuidara wrote:It's bug with salvage... JC said about this...

not a bug. Grape is, as always, accurate. Makeshift just get wiped out due to low HP.

You could stop it ?
Because you once said wasn't your intention made "splash damage" when player salvage wall - this mean it's BUG, when you salvage wall and walls got splash damage.
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:53 pm

An unintended interaction isn't the same thing as a bug. Sometimes there are unintended interactions I decide to keep around for awhile and see how they play out. Such as this one.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nsuidara » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:38 pm

JohnCarver wrote:An unintended interaction isn't the same thing as a bug. Sometimes there are unintended interactions I decide to keep around for awhile and see how they play out. Such as this one.

and you can't said isn't bug...
but cool story bro :D

Nsuidara
Customer

Return to Bugs & Technicalities