Brightness issues

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Brightness issues

Postby Getus » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:44 am

Been playing for about a month, and about 3 days ago I logged on to find everything was much darker than normal. Tried changing all the video settings that are available, but nothing changes.

Anyone ever experienced this before? Or can think of a way to fix it?
Getus

Re: Brightness issues

Postby pberci » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:06 am

Isn't this a witchcraft feature?
There was a Bloodmoon a few days ago, and the darkness remained after it. One or two weeks ago there was also a short period of darkness, though without Bloodmoon.
pberci

Postby Getus » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:22 am

So is it dark for everyone? or just me? Or an error that occurred after the blood moon the other day?

Or have I been cursed or something? There are no unusual status effects on me right now that I can see.

edit: and regardless of what it is ... how do I fix it? >_<
Getus

Postby Cy3a » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:46 am

I believe devs are playing with brigtness settings again.
Last time this happened , Marp had us on the clue hunt >D
Cy3a

Postby joshnpk » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:46 pm

I like the new lighting settings, looks much more atmospheric.
I think I have a hat problem.
joshnpk

Postby pberci » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:54 pm

Getus wrote:So is it dark for everyone? or just me? Or an error that occurred after the blood moon the other day?

Or have I been cursed or something? There are no unusual status effects on me right now that I can see.

edit: and regardless of what it is ... how do I fix it? >_<

Sorry for being unclear. It's dark for me, and probably for the other players too. And this thing happened in the past too.

There doesn't seem to be any drawback to this darkness, no increased bile drain, no permadeath (got KO-ed yesterday), crops doesn't seem to grow slower either.
pberci

Postby Dallane » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:07 pm

Dev's usually don't test things on the main server. There might be a event soon, maybe for a certain evil group.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Taipion » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:09 pm

It was also dark instead of the usual reddish colour on the last bloodmoon,
I wonder why no one complained the did not realize it's a BM because of that and died. :D

Sometimes the devs just forget to put the light on again, sometimes it's something witchy going on, you never know...
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby pberci » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:11 pm

Taipion wrote:Sometimes the devs just forget to put the light on again, sometimes it's something witchy going on, you never know...

There was a half day long darkness a few days ago, when some guys hoarded out a few hundred skeletons from the crypt. I don't think this is anything accidental.
pberci

Postby MaxPlanck » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:50 pm

The devs put the skeletons inside the houses so people couldn't reach them, I saw some dead guys name inside post office.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities