Dried fish gluttony values reset

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Dried fish gluttony values reset

Postby pberci » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:42 am

I don't know, whether it is an intended food spoiling mechanic, or just a plain bug. Someone reported is a year ago, but I couldn't find any answer to that, so I decided to repeat it:

About a week or two ago I was fishing, and decided to put the really big ones (2.5kg+) on the drying frame to try out, how great gluttony value they will have. If I remember correctly, the largest, 3.08kg fish got about 80 as the maximum value (the minimum was 1, as it's stated on the wiki). The max value quickly drops as the weight decreases, so I just kept the two best fishes (two Angel-Winged Seabasses) for my next gluttony session and put them into containers.

Now the problem comes here, as I was reorganizing some storage (still days until full and fed up wears out) I checked the fishes. Both of them have gluttony values reset to 0.0-1.0, technically they were rendered worthless. No change to the item name or any of the other values, just the gluttony.

I'm not sure, wether this is a bug or a mechanic. I intend to catch more fishes and try out whether the decline is procedural, or happens instantly after a certain time. If it turns out to be a mechanic, I will post about it in the wiki thread, though I'd like to repeat what the guy in the previous complaining post said, that dried fish is practically useless even without loosing gluttony values, and with it, it's just a waste of time and drying rack place.
pberci

Re: Dried fish gluttony values reset

Postby jakhollin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Been that way since it was implemented. I think it is a bug that just has not been found or fixed yet. I tried it about 2 weeks ago and got the same result as you did. Just makes fishing a bit worthless other than filling traps or compost bins. Not much of a use past that in cooking fish.
jakhollin

Postby lachlaan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:18 pm

I'm sure I reported this in a PM a day or a few days after the weight-based dried fish was implemented, so it should be a known bug. clearly not a fixed bug, but I guess having a thread up reminding the devs is a good idea, as PMs are easy to lose track of especially after a good few months. I'm sure it'll be an easy fix once JC is back in the swing of things.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby pberci » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:16 pm

lachlaan wrote:I'm sure I reported this in a PM a day or a few days after the weight-based dried fish was implemented, so it should be a known bug. clearly not a fixed bug, but I guess having a thread up reminding the devs is a good idea, as PMs are easy to lose track of especially after a good few months. I'm sure it'll be an easy fix once JC is back in the swing of things.

Yep, that's the post I mention. It was in last september, but went unanswered in the collective thread, so I decided to repeat it here, after all almost a year has passed.
pberci

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:54 pm

Time is relative.
It does not flow unless JC commands it.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:35 am

This one wasn't on my list. I've messaged John about it since he's trying to get some bugs fixed right now. Hopefully this will be an easy one.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Return to Bugs & Technicalities