Stuck in death loop

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Stuck in death loop

Postby Grey30a » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:19 pm

I open second level mine and about dozen of bats kill me without any chance to fight back.
I could not move back in 1st level mine either lag or they block me, could not stump foot for area attack.
Its fine I'm too weak and thing happen. Fine.
Respoun at stone my char invisible and can't move. Happen before and I just relog in past. No big deal
But when I log back I was knocked down again (but visible at last) and die losing points.
I waited res again just to be knockdown asap. I could just step away from stone. Lost points.
Res and die losing points again. I logout.

What to do?
Is it possible to get help from Dev?
And what to do about bats in 2nd level mine?
Grey30a

Re: Stuck in death loop

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:23 pm

Do you have a bat in your neck slot? They will knock you over and over again.
Otherwise, if bats are atacking you while you are KOed, you either gotta wait or make someone kill them for you.
Second option is much faster if you have friends there or alts.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Grey30a » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:42 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:Do you have a bat in your neck slot? They will knock you over and over again.

Yep
It took slot of the amulet.
Sure game has to have challenges but this is bull ****. How am I to know that bat took slot?
Those bat was weak and I kill it with one stump but as I went to 2nd level to kill rest it was clean of bats and my items.
Is it normal?
Grey30a

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:36 pm

Areas despawn every 15 mins aproxx so that is normal.
I suggest that you have option called ' auto bat remove' checked. It will save you a lot of headaches.
Also, a lot of items disseapear or have an insanelly short life on the ground. Id keep the important stuff in chests ig i was you.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Grey30a » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:57 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:Areas despawn every 15 mins aproxx so that is normal.
I suggest that you have option called ' auto bat remove' checked. It will save you a lot of headaches.
Also, a lot of items disseapear or have an insanelly short life on the ground. Id keep the important stuff in chests ig i was you.

As rule I keep important items on alt or in chest but I believed to be safe in mine with protected entrance.
It was my first encounter with bats and my first reaction was to run but because of lag or because they swarm on me from all direction I could not move. Because of load lag by the time I could react I was half health.
Sorry but it BS. Its not a challenge but stupid wack job on the top of it repeated over kill with idiotic bat hidden in neck slot.
I have an impression that Dev. are simply checking how much abuse player can take before quitting.
I dont mind challenge but this sort of crap is not
Grey30a

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:03 pm

My first death (on bloodmoon) happened because of bats.
That was 2 years ago, it wont change :D
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Dallane » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:18 pm

Grey30a wrote:
ZoddAlmighty wrote:Areas despawn every 15 mins aproxx so that is normal.

As rule I keep important items on alt or in chest but I believed to be safe in mine with protected entrance.
It was my first encounter with bats and my first reaction was to run but because of lag or because they swarm on me from all direction I could not move. Because of load lag by the time I could react I was half health.
Sorry but it BS. Its not a challenge but stupid wack job on the top of it repeated over kill with idiotic bat hidden in neck slot.
I have an impression that Dev. are simply checking how much abuse player can take before quitting.
I dont mind challenge but this sort of crap is not

Don't blame your incompetence on the devs.

It's clearly stated in MANY places that there are no safe spaces in Salem.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Grey30a » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:23 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:My first death (on bloodmoon) happened because of bats.
That was 2 years ago, it wont change :D

Well.Thank you very much for help.
Its somewhat aggravating but I play casually so it does not really matter
Grey30a

Postby Grey30a » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:31 pm

Dallane wrote:Don't blame your incompetence on the devs.

It's clearly stated in MANY places that there are no safe spaces in Salem.

Incompetence?
You have no idea what this word means.
I'm fine with danger everywhere but game ought to present challenge and just wracking players repeatedly without any chance for reacting ... its just bad design. What the point to place bat in inventory slot so its totally invisible and killing char within 2-3 sec between resurrections?
Is it challenge of game skills?
Fn annoying
Grey30a

Postby Dallane » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:43 pm

Grey30a wrote:Incompetence?
You have no idea what this word means.

I'm well aware of the meaning. Your lack of knowledge on game mechanics isn't the devs fault. If you feel they need to change then you should post in the idea section instead of reporting it as a bug. Which it isn't.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities