Stuck on "Loading..." Black Screen(I'm a newbie)

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Stuck on "Loading..." Black Screen(I'm a newbie)

Postby airstrom » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:14 am

Hey! I've been having a problem which is I'm getting stuck on "Loading..." with a black background, once I reach the location I'm supposed to forage some Hickory Nuts, It happens when I, first I create a new character then go choose hair/color/name, Then go the the "pay your debts" location then I talk to Lend-a-hand, he teleports me here, where it asks me to forage some hickory nuts, no picture appears, a Loading.. with black background, Stuck on that, I can move collect some flint from minimap, I cannot teleport to home/province, I think cuz I'm noob, I cannot have a character since, I don't think it saves except after tutorial, I've tried alot of stuff
1)I tried it on Java 6, Java 7, Java 8
2)I've tried Ender's client and the normal client, same.
3)I've tried deleting Java content, temporary files, games.
4)I've tried using a new account
If anybody could help me please it would be grateful! I really REALLY, want to play Salem I like its concept and I've tried alot of things.
airstrom

Re: Stuck on "Loading..." Black Screen(I'm a newbie)

Postby Chrumps » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:45 am

Try different internet connection.
This can be a firewall issue or your ISP issue or a weird graphic card driver issue.
Chrumps

Postby airstrom » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:45 am

Dude, every other place works except this, if it was like that I would be stuck on this after creating a char, in the first place where I choose my looks
airstrom

Postby Kandarim » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:48 am

except that some, but not all, graphics resources come bundled with the initial download. Most resources need to be redownloaded from the server, but I wouldn't be surprised if all the resources in the character creation room were present in the initial download.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Return to Bugs & Technicalities