Stall Cloth Price

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Stall Cloth Price

Postby OttoSartorvius » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:38 am

Image Image

Explaining clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink clink
OttoSartorvius

Re: Stall Cloth Price

Postby Ghoul » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:48 am

Are you saying people buy for 10 and sell for 15 or something?
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:05 am

Yes, one of the stalls didn't get reduced in price. It'll be fixed, thanks.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:27 am

how bout an alloying fix first, before ruining everyones lives with all this silver nerfing
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:42 am

MaxPlanck wrote:how bout an alloying fix first, before ruining everyones lives with all this silver nerfing

Geez, if people keep making threads about this, we're going to fix it. Changing the prices in the stall takes like 5 seconds and Marp can probably do it.

The temporary fix for the alloying problem is a different matter. At least one person found they were able to run a smelter empty with a high level alloying set and then run it with one silver ore and make a silver bar from the one ore. Once one idiot tried to sell the method on the forum, it became critical to fix the issue before the server economy tanked completely as it became obvious he was sharing the method. Sadly, this means alloying is no longer working, you can thank the ones who abused the bug for that. The entire mechanic for how artifice and alloying specifically works will have to be reworked to get it working properly now and that is going to take a lot of work, probably several dozen hours.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:11 am

I may not be a coder nor do I know how atrocious it is to find all the parts that affect alloying amongst all code and how its been written and separated but I do know why alloying was disabled and I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that alloying rolls were a base add-on to the standard roll to the ratio of lime/ore and thats why people were able to stack their numbers without actually using the numbers(empty smelter runs).

A simple equation of running a multiplier based on the alloying artifice stat and the lime/ore ratio stat
Ex: Alloying Artifice stat(1.0 to x.x roll) * (Lime/Ore Ratio %)

So that getting a 150% efficiency alone based off the (Lime/Ore Ratio %)
Along with say a roll of 1.5 through the alloying stat would bring the efficiency to 225% efficiency.

That way if someone runs the smelter empty with an alloying set then the 0% Lime/Ore Ratio would make the alloying roll useless and even running a crappy ratio of Lime/Ore then it should stop the abuse as the alloying roll would be random and could produce a bar when someone doesn't want one produced if they are trying to pull off a 1 ore to 24 lime.

I am of course aware that the coding in alloying artifice may need to be changed and not just the coding of smelting to accomodate this aswell but I don't think it would end up taking as long as you say it would.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Dallane » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:25 am

MaxPlanck wrote:I don't think it would end up taking as long as you say it would.

So you just made a massive post saying what you think needs to be changed without any actual knowledge of the code or just programing in general. Came back and post when flipping burgers is a real skill.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby OttoSartorvius » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:30 am

MaxPlanck wrote:Yeah, just don't spawn red easter eggs, we don't need newbs getting easy fertiles and deflating the price of fertiles even more then they already are.

MaxPlanck wrote:how bout an alloying fix first, before ruining everyones lives with all this silver nerfing

Universal Esteem Professor in Economics, Planck

Please share your findings show 50% silver extra for your sold goods is fine business and do not deflate economy but newb finding a fertile hen do deflate economy and also deflate your game excitement

I wait your shining of oldb knowledge on this obscurity regardless but know i understand if must buy journal of economics so protect and not deflate worth of this knowledge
OttoSartorvius

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:30 am

I have no clue why JC hasn't fixed it yet. All I did was give a simple equation that could be used as a basis on how to fix the problem of why alloying was broken in the first place. The equation I posted in itself is but the simple side of it and is by no means the actual equation that should be thrown into the code.

Dallane wrote:actual knowledge of the code

No, I don't know what the code looks like, and how would I? What's your point? I may not be a coder but I understand the basics of how files pull from other files for code that can lead to other files, etc. and that it can indeed be a hassle if the code is not organized properly.

-------------

OttoSartorvius wrote:Please share your findings show 50% silver extra for your sold goods is fine business and do not deflate economy but newb finding a fertile hen do deflate economy and also deflate your game excitement

I wait your shining of oldb knowledge on this obscurity regardless but know i understand if must buy journal of economics so protect and not deflate worth of this knowledge

A 50% loss is indeed painful when I want to make 45k silver off cotton but end up only getting 30k at the expected price of 10 but it won't stop me from still producing cotton to sell...what does this have to do with an event about fertiles?
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Dallane » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:35 am

MaxPlanck wrote: What's your point? I may not be a coder but I understand the basics of how files pull from other files for code that can lead to other files, etc. and that it can indeed be a hassle if the code is not organized properly.

The point is you are saying something is soooo easy to fix yet have no clue at all on it. Just because you claim to know how a file can pull from another means ***** all.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities