Can logout WITHOUT homestead

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Can logout WITHOUT homestead

Postby Champie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:22 pm

Update! wrote:Update edit:
I reproduced the bug(??)
- I placed the lean-to of a Town member outside the Town claim and then logged out.
- I used a non-town member character to claim over the lean-to and destroy it.
- I logged in the town member after the lean-to was destroyed and walked away from the area and logged out.
- I logged town member in again and tried to travel to homestead but got the message "You do not have a homestead to travel to"
- I tried to travel to Providence and the timer countdown began (cancelled because I didn't want to get stuck in Providence).

Greetings,

- I recently logged into a character left cold and naked in the wilderness after his lean-to was destroyed - No problem!
- I made some jute clothes and moved away from the area and logged out.... - Wait a second! I logged out?!?!?!?!

note: when I say "empty inventory" I mean "empty inventory and butt assed naked"
So, I tested the situation with another character...
- I had another character destroy his own lean-to and I got a message that my lean-to was destroyed - Excellent!
- Then I tried to log out and got the message "You cannot log out right now" - Makes sense
- Then I tried to travel to Providence with an empty inventory and got the message "You cannot travel right now" - Seems wrong to me
- Then I tried to travel to my homestead with an empty inventory and got the message "You have no homestead to travel to" - Makes sense

So, I go back to the first (bugged?) character...
- With empty inventory I tried to travel to Providence and the timer started counting - Makes sense
- With inventory I tried to travel to Providence and I got the message "You can only travel to Providence from your homestead or with an empty inventory" - Makes sense, if I had a homestead, but I don't. I know this because...
- With empty inventory I tried to travel to my homestead and I got the message "You have no homestead to travel to" - Makes sense
- With empty inventory I tried to log out and the timer started counting - Seems wrong to me

So, neither character has a homestead but,
- The first character can log out and presumably travel to Providence with an empty inventory (I have not completed the travel, only initiated it)
- The test character cannot travel anywhere with empty inventory

I am going to feel like a real jackass if I am missing some obvious issue. Can anyone help clarify the situation for me? Thanks!

Edit to add one difference between characters...
- The first character is a member of a Town
- The test character is NOT a member of a Town

Should that make a difference?
- If so, that means that I can have Town member out in the wild with full inventories (vault) and no lean-to to be looted.
- If that is the case, what would happen to the inventory of those characters if their Town Bell is destroyed?
Last edited by Champie on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Champie

Re: Can logout WITHOUT homestead

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:28 pm

I think you have more important matters to attend to.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Goodman12 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:33 pm

I have also noticed this multiple times since the no lento = can't log out update.
I just assumed that characters who's lentos were destroyed before the update are allowed to log out but those who's lento may have been destroyed after the update are unable to.
So, do you happen to know if the first "test subject's" lento was destroyed before or after the update?
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Champie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:41 pm

Goodman12 wrote:So, do you happen to know if the first "test subject's" lento was destroyed before or after the update?

Both characters were active in November 2016 before I took a break from Salem.
The main difference between the two characters is that
- the first character was offline when his lean-to was destroyed AND he is a member of a town
- the test character destroyed his own lean-to and is not a member of a town.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Champie

Postby Bleuwulf » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:52 pm

Intriguing.....

Any possibility you can use another townie as a "test" character? that would confirm if the town membership is indeed the factor.
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby Champie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:21 pm

Bleuwulf wrote:Intriguing.....

Any possibility you can use another townie as a "test" character? that would confirm if the town membership is indeed the factor.

So far I did use another town member to destroy his own lean-to. The results were that I could NOT log out as expected. My next test is to have another character destroy the lean-to of a town member while that character is offline. I will edit this post with the results and then update the OP

Update edit:
I reproduced the bug(??)
- I placed the lean-to of a Town member outside the Town claim and then logged out.
- I logged in the town member after the lean-to was destroyed and walked away from the area and logged out.
- I logged town member in again and tried to travel to homestead but got the message "You do not have a homestead to travel to"
- I tried to travel to Providence and the timer countdown began (cancelled because I didn't want to get stuck in Providence).
Last edited by Champie on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Champie

Postby Taipion » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:22 pm

Champie wrote:
Goodman12 wrote:So, do you happen to know if the first "test subject's" lento was destroyed before or after the update?

Both characters were active in November 2016 before I took a break from Salem.
The main difference between the two characters is that
- the first character was offline when his lean-to was destroyed AND he is a member of a town
- the test character destroyed his own lean-to and is not a member of a town.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

There was once a bug where you could destroy a characters HS without dropping his items, that is, if the HS was a claimstone.

Did the char in question once own a claimstone, had it set as HS and lost it, or anything related to that?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Champie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:28 am

Bleuwulf wrote:Intriguing.....

Yes!

OP Updated

I reproduced the bug(??)

Taipion wrote:There was once a bug where you could destroy a characters HS without dropping his items, that is, if the HS was a claimstone.

Did the char in question once own a claimstone, had it set as HS and lost it, or anything related to that?

Thanks for the info!
No, I do not recall having a claim stone with this character, but if he did, I am certain that I was using a lean-to as my homestead when this all went down.
Champie

Postby Bleuwulf » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:32 am

seems like it's definitely related to the tclaim mechanics,then. No telling whether it's intended or not,guess you'll just have to wait for the "official line" whenever a dev notices the post....
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby Champie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:39 am

Bleuwulf wrote:seems like it's definitely related to the tclaim mechanics,then. No telling whether it's intended or not,guess you'll just have to wait for the "official line" whenever a dev notices the post....

I agree.

However, it does seem to suggest that there may be a way to protect your most prized possessions without fear of them being looted. :)
Champie

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities